• 6(current)
[MOD] "The Operation" PM3.HD Mod
To be honest I am not entirely sure if the code I am using will do plugins. It says script in the code and looks for .py

My guess is that it will not do plugins. Try pointing it to the script default.py on your xbox. I regards to getting programs on the main menu, you can go into home.xml and look for the scripts button section. Change activatewindow(scripts) to activatewindow(programs). Maybe I will just add the option for the user to choose what the button will do (ie. scripts or programs). You could just code your program window into your favorites.xml as well.

If you want I can PM you with a new music section that will have the party mode button on it. I never used it once so I took it off. It is very easy to add. Thanks for the suggestions!
Just got the updated version. Awesome job! Everything seems to be working fine so far. Thanks for fixing the things people mentioned. I like the option to have scripts and favorites on the Home Menu and the option to have the original XBMC logo (not that yours is bad). Very nice keep up the good work!

The weather and trailers work fine for me. I am pretty sure they have to be scripts though... not plugins.

Is there anyway you can make it an option to display the trailers and weather in the home menu too. Its not a big deal but could be a nice addition. I mainly just use Movies, TV Shows, Programs, Pictures and Scripts/Video Plugins. Maybe make shortcut on the Home Menu that says "Streaming Media" or something like that, that takes you to Video your video plugins. Just an idea. Thanks again for a nice skin.
Oh yeah, I forgot. My favorite thing about this skin is that you have a very nice Movie view. Coverflow I think. Where you can have the DVD icon on the bottom of the screen with a nice wide view of the fanart.

If there is anyway to do a view similar to this for TV shows too that would be awesome! The fanart view on all the PMIII skins for TV almost always cuts off the fanart somehow. The only problem is the wide icons. I lov'em. I guess you could still put them on the bottom some how. And they could scroll. Three wide icons on the screen at the same time with the hilighted show in the middle.

Mediastream has one kind of like what I am talking about except it has that big black box that covers up half the fanart.

Thanks for the suggestions Plankton. Glad it is working good for you.

For the home page, it sounds like you don't use weather, so you could go into home.xml and rename weather to "Streaming Video" and then make the path activatewindow(scripts) or whatever window you want.

I have been messing around with home to adjust the home page. It has been tough because I need to make a new gray area that holds the buttons. It needs to be different sizes for the different humber of button (I am not to good with photoshop). It is something I am trying to achieve though....no promises.

If there is anything else you want to see done, please suggest it and I will do my best.
Plankton-

I took your suggestion and made that view with wide banners at the bottom. It has 3 of them with the middle one as a focus. I just need to tweak a few things on it and it will be loaded by tonight.

Other updated features will be the following:

-Readded media info view for movies. Now has dvd cover overlay & mpaa rating icon.
-New layout for weather view with weather fanart based on condition. Similiar to homepage.
-Option to choose between launching weather script or window from homepage.
-New view for wideicon fanart for tv section mentioned above.
-Settings option to enable tv posters views. This will allow those who use posters to turn off the wide icon views and activate the poster oriented ones. Got to include those who use posters for all tv section views.

Should all be uploaded by later tonight.Big Grin
ekim232 Wrote:Plankton-

I took your suggestion and made that view with wide banners at the bottom. It has 3 of them with the middle one as a focus. I just need to tweak a few things on it and it will be loaded by tonight.

Other updated features will be the following:

-Readded media info view for movies. Now has dvd cover overlay & mpaa rating icon.
-New layout for weather view with weather fanart based on condition. Similiar to homepage.
-Option to choose between launching weather script or window from homepage.
-New view for wideicon fanart for tv section mentioned above.
-Settings option to enable tv posters views. This will allow those who use posters to turn off the wide icon views and activate the poster oriented ones. Got to include those who use posters for all tv section views.

Should all be uploaded by later tonight.Big Grin

Wow, sweet update, this has fast become my favorite skin, always liked the default but this mod is just fantastic.

Big Grin
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
Did you ever look into doing a music view like the PMIII coverflow view like you had talked about?

Thanks for a great mod.......
Sounds great. Looking forward to the update.

One tiny thing I noticed. The first time I used this skin the loading bars and highlighted items were green by default. Now they are Blue. I checked my skin theme and it was on default. I changed it to blue and there was no change. Maybe a slight glitch. I do like the green better. But no biggie.
dtviewer Wrote:Did you ever look into doing a music view like the PMIII coverflow view like you had talked about?

Thanks for a great mod.......

It has gotten pushed back for the moment. That 3d view is not easily modded. I have been working hard on making the movie 3d coverflow smaller with a fanart backdrop and unfortunately it needs to be recreated from scratch. Once I update tonight, I will look into porting the sizes from PMIII to the HD version and changing the overlays to see how it matches up. I am hoping it will not need to be built from scratch as well. I have not forgotten though, because I want it that way also.
ekim232 Wrote:It has gotten pushed back for the moment. That 3d view is not easily modded. I have been working hard on making the movie 3d coverflow smaller with a fanart backdrop and unfortunately it needs to be recreated from scratch. Once I update tonight, I will look into porting the sizes from PMIII to the HD version and changing the overlays to see how it matches up. I am hoping it will not need to be built from scratch as well. I have not forgotten though, because I want it that way also.

Thanks for the update.
I know I said I would have an update, but I am still working out some kinks in turning wide icons on/off. I realized I would also have to redo the original fanart view since I have wide icons showing there. Here is a preview of the new fanart wide view. I will update if I get it done tonight, if not I am hopeful on tomorrow.

Looks good.
New Screens for 4.21

Thats a lot of copies of Saving Private ryan Smile
I know. Copied it and changed all the nfo's to test stuff.

For anyone who grabbed a quick copy of the new version, you might notice something wrong on the homepage. A new fixed version is uploaded.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] "The Operation" PM3.HD Mod2