• 5(current)
[MOD] "The Operation" PM3.HD Mod
TC

I think I removed the unwatched button at some point because I never used it. I will readd it soon. I originally made this skin to fit only my needs, so I removed all options I do not use to better suit me. Now that I have made it available to everyone it need to find ways to put it back in. Expect an update shortly.

Rudeboy

I am sorry I am not to familiar with the icon ratios. I have this going on XBOX on a 65'' tv in 720p and my icons look perfectly clear and not squished at all. If you think there is something that might help, please let me know and I will see what I can do about it. Are you talking about the hieght and widths that I use?
Thanks ekim232, will be waiting for the update, great stuff. Big Grin
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
Can you make possibility to chose shortcuts for home menu (like video, pics...) and possibility in settings/video..to path for external player (like this....settings/video/external player/external player for:
dvd, mkv, avi, mp3...)
I am having the same problem as post #53 with haze on my art. I am using an xbox with xbmc 9.04.
Not sure what to do to make it not with haze.
Any help?
Thanks,
ekim232 Wrote:I am sorry I am not to familiar with the icon ratios. I have this going on XBOX on a 65'' tv in 720p and my icons look perfectly clear and not squished at all. If you think there is something that might help, please let me know and I will see what I can do about it. Are you talking about the hieght and widths that I use?

the hights arnt quite right. for instance music album covers should be perfectly square and the dvd posters should also bee alittle taller.

however the TV show wide icons sould be wider or not quite as tall
Rudeboy-

I see what you are saying about the wide icons and album covers. I will work on those tonight.

Mique-

The DVD cover itself has a haze-fade that cuts through it. Most new skins including Aeon will use some kind of haze or shadowing on all the overlays. To be honest it is not my personal choice, but it was what was available when I made it. I can definitely look around for a better overlay once I get a few other things worked out.

Resizing is my next priority and I will start to think about a new overlay. I would like some other opinions on it though.
robee Wrote:Can you make possibility to chose shortcuts for home menu (like video, pics...) and possibility in settings/video..to path for external player (like this....settings/video/external player/external player for:
dvd, mkv, avi, mp3...)

I am not sure what you mean for external player. XBMC will play all those files. Why would you want to go through the trouble of finding an external one?
I spent some time resizing the wide banner for TV in the bottom right corner. it had a weird strecth on it

Code:
    </control>
                <control type="image">
                <posx>856</posx>
                <posy>436</posy>
                <width>416</width>
                <height>76</height> <!-- 105 -->
                <info>Listitem.thumb</info>
                  <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
                    <texture diffuse="diffuse.png">wideframe.png</texture>
                <visible>!IsEmpty(Listitem.thumb)</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <posx>845</posx>
                <posy>414</posy>
                <width>432</width>
                <height>118</height> <!-- 148 -->
                  <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
                    <texture>wideframe.png</texture>
                <visible>!IsEmpty(Listitem.thumb)</visible>
            </control>

I like the haze over the of the images, gives a reflective feel to it.

I have also changed the ratings for Australia using diffenert artwork, any way for that to change depending on region set in system? So you can keep both USA and AUS ratings

Oh and by defualt it should show the Operation logo. I like the idea of pimping yourself Smile
Entombed-

I tried your heights and it makes the wide icon not fit snug in the frame. I agree with the idea it need to be resized, but it should reach the edges of the overlay. I am also thinking about removing the frame and making a wide icon list from top to bottom within that panel.
**UPDATE** 4.17

See first page for changes and comments. Thank you everyone for great feedback and of course Jezz for making this amazing skin.

Image is just a rough shot. I only added one director. Name EXACTLY as your stored nfo's or scraper does.

I just noticed that my weather and Trailer buttons from the homepage do nothing aswell as a previous poster.

anyone else have this? giong to load 4.17 and see if it helps

Edit... cant find 4.17 link, must have been taken down??
entombed-

As I stated before, you need to define your paths for the scripts in home.xml.

I will make a setting area for it, since I imagine there will be some who don't know how to do that.

4.17 is uploaded. Working on script paths now. Be done by tomorrow afternoon.
**UPDATE** 4.18

Screens here & list of updates on first page.

Hey! Just checked out the skin today. Looks good! I had a couple issues, though.

I can't get the trailers shortcut to work. I set it up, but when I click on it, I get the following error:

Python script failed:
E:\Applications\XBMC\plugins\video\Apple Movie Trailers Lite\default.py

Maybe it only works for the Apple Trailers script and not the plug-in? The video plug-in runs fine if I navigate to it directly.

Also, my most used XBMC feature is missing! There is no Party Mode button in Music Library mode. I'm probably the last guy still using this...

One other thing. I have CoinOPS installed on my Xbox, so I miss the Programs shortcut on the Home screen. I thought one way around it would be to add the CoinOPS default.xbe to Favorites, but it didn't work. I can still navigate to default.xbe and run it in the File Manager, but having easy access to it on the home screen is nice. Any chance we'll see an option added to include Programs on the Home screen?
As a quick follow-up, I tried adding the path directly into Home.xml and that didn't work either. I noticed that if I go to

E:\Applications\XBMC\plugins\video\Apple Movie Trailers Lite\default.py

in File Manager and click on it, I get the same error. However, if I start at the Home screen, select Movies, select Video plugins and then select Apple Movie Trailers Lite, it works fine. I think plugins work differently than scripts, so it may not be fixable on your end...

I prefer Apple Movie Trailers Lite to the script version. It's quicker and seems to show more New Release trailers.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] "The Operation" PM3.HD Mod2