Aeon Stark the Crysis of Media Centres ?
anything less then QUAD CORES need not apply....??
No. Runs fine on my single core amd 64 3200+

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
lol @ xbs08
core2duo P8400 2,26 + geforce 9300m GS is struggling a bit with showcase+fanart. (not supersmooth when loading the fanart)
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
rogue21 Wrote:anything less then QUAD CORES need not apply....??

Says who??

I'm running a PNY 630i/7150 Motherboard with an Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 2.5GHz and Stark runs perfect on it. You don't even need a separate sound or video card for it because the motherboard handles it all. You can get the MB and Processor bundle at tigerdirect for $134 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/...6&csid=_22
smcnally75 Wrote:Says who??

I'm running a PNY 630i/7150 Motherboard with an Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 2.5GHz and Stark runs perfect on it. You don't even need a separate sound or video card for it because the motherboard handles it all. You can get the MB and Processor bundle at tigerdirect for $134 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/...6&csid=_22

what output do you use? 1080/720?

since my proc is just a little bit slower then yours, but my graphics is much better, and I experience stuttering when changing fanart/background simultaneous as scrolling through the showcase scroller.
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
pretty sure he was just trying to advertise Aeon Stark Tongue

Especially by creathing the thread here, and not in Aeon's forums
Or it's an April Fools joke.
watzen Wrote:what output do you use? 1080/720?

since my proc is just a little bit slower then yours, but my graphics is much better, and I experience stuttering when changing fanart/background simultaneous as scrolling through the showcase scroller.

I'm outputting 1080p
watzen Wrote:what output do you use? 1080/720?

Be sure to use one of the XBMC builds supported by Stark and suggested by its' author, not the "latest downloadable" 8.10. Helped to solve the issues in my case, should help you as well.
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
Halibutt Wrote:Be sure to use one of the XBMC builds supported by Stark and suggested by its' author, not the "latest downloadable" 8.10. Helped to solve the issues in my case, should help you as well.
Cheers

I make my own daily builds. so that is not the issue.
smcnally75 Wrote:I'm outputting 1080p

Do you think this cpu / mobo combo will upscale my sd movies using "high quality upscaling" setting with no prpblems.. Im currently using Pentium 4 3.0 ghz and ati 2400 and experience jitter and sound delay when upscaling. I also get fanart delay scrolling on Aeon Stark as well.
I haven't had any issues with playing 1080p content with it yet.
Stark at 720p with i950 graphics and Intel dual-core 1.66 ... no issues...
Living Room System
XBMC Live HDD install / Zotac 330 / Silverstone case with iMon Multimedia VFD and remote / 1TB drive for storage of all media / 32" LCD TV
Bedroom System
XBMC / Boxee on Windows XP SP3 / MCE303 case with MCE remote and Samsung VFD powered with LCDsmartie / Hauppauge 950Q for live tv / 22" LCD monitor

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Stark the Crysis of Media Centres ?0