Best way to handle multi-disc content in the library?
Okay, here's my situation. I have quite a few TV shows that are multiple discs. I have ripped them to my server's HD, and each disc is in its own folder. (I should note that the rips are just vobs, I did not compress the DVDs to avi/etc)

Ideally I would like these shows to appear in my TV shows section with episode information just like my other TV shows, but having it listed under my movies section as individual DVDs (numbered so I know which is which) would work well enough. I just don't want to litter my library with strange titled individual discs.

What would be the best way to handle this situation?
do you mean tv show dvds that have multiple episodes, or single tv episodes that are multiple discs?

for my tv dvds, the only thing that I have found that works consistently is:

tvdvd\series\series.s01e01-02-03-04.iso

or in your case using folder with vobs, I would guess

tvdvd\series\series.s01e01-02-03-04\*.vob etc

also, you would need to set the library type to TV and not movies
I'll try that out, thanks!
Well, I tried it, but I'm not having any success. It detects the existence of the series folder, but it doesn't detect any episodes. (I have confirmed that XBMC can access and view these files outside of the library)
Multiple files for a single episode (or for multiple episodes when the multi-files don't correspond to 1 file per episode) is not recommended (and basically completely unsupported).

Either use .iso for the whole disk, or rip each episode to a single .vob file (no need for a 1GB limit on harddisks)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best way to handle multi-disc content in the library?0