Best scraper for music?
I don't know if I'm doing something or wrong or if the sites supported by the default scrappers are crap :/ (the sites, not the scrappers)

I tried all of them and it seems my music library is so incomplete. I'm talking about artists images and fanart. I already have all the covers for my albums in good quality. But I have no fanart nor good quality artist thumbs.

Which scrapper do you guys use for music? I suppose none of the sites supported by the default scrappers have proper support for fanart but they have for the artists thumb. However, most of the artists on my database don't have a picture (although the site has) and the ones that have it, are of very low and small resolution.

So, what do you guys use for music then?
I use the allmusic scraper which has good and consistent artist/album info. As for the thumbnails I haven't found a good site, so I did all of them myself (folder.jpg in a /path/artist/album directory setup). Perhaps the owner of the home theater backdrops site would consider adding hi-res artist thumbs in addition to fanart. That site is already scrapable for fanart, so adding scraping of artist thumbs should be relatively straightforward (I think).
I have the same problem with my music. I never use the library mode in music because it never scrapes it right.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
@Ninjamawwe
I don't care about the albumart, that I prefer to do manually and I already have covers for all my albums. I'm only talking about artist thumbs and fanart, none of the scrappers seem to do a good job at it. I was just wondering if there was any other, or any other way for music...
It's a "SCRAPER", not a "SCRAPPER".

Sorry to correct you...
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer Wrote:It's a "SCRAPER", not a "SCRAPPER".

Sorry to correct you...

LOL! I think it may be a location thing...I've noticed a lot of people calling them "Scrappers" lately.
Not really, I'm Portuguese, I don't even know a word to translate that into Tongue I just thought it was "scrapper".
Nazgulled Wrote:Not really, I'm Portuguese, I don't even know a word to translate that into Tongue I just thought it was "scrapper".

It means to scrape information off a website. (Like to scrape paint off of wood before re-painting it)
Ninjamawwe Wrote:I use the allmusic scraper which has good and consistent artist/album info. As for the thumbnails I haven't found a good site, so I did all of them myself (folder.jpg in a /path/artist/album directory setup). Perhaps the owner of the home theater backdrops site would consider adding hi-res artist thumbs in addition to fanart. That site is already scrapable for fanart, so adding scraping of artist thumbs should be relatively straightforward (I think).

I've added a new category for square artist thumbs. 1080 x 1080 max.

I consolidated game backdrops and weather/photo backdrops under a Misc category as they are not used much.

Nothing will scrape this new category but since there aren't any images to scrape yet I guess that's OK Smile
http://htbackdrops.com (Home Theater Backdrops) offers a large collection FanArt Backdrops of Music Artist and Games, and it also has a good collection of Weather Backgrounds. Help contribute by uploading FanArt for your favorite Music Artist and Games so that others can enjoy it as well.
Yeah, if you put a "folder.jpg" in the root directory of an artist that will show up as the artist thumb/image. I found that a 600x600 image works fine. You could probably even get away with a 500x500.
smcnally75 Wrote:It means to scrape information off a website. (Like to scrape paint off of wood before re-painting it)
I know what it means, what I meant is that I don't know a Portuguese word that could translate to "scraper". The ones I could think of, don't make much sense in the context of "retrieving info off a website". But never mind about that...

@Arkon11
I wish the scraper could do that instead Tongue I don't really care for the artists thumbs to waste time with them but it would be nice to have everything cataloged. For now, I just disabled artists info...
I'm suprising a musicdb (like the moviedb and the tvdb) hasn't sprung up yet. I know I'd be more than willing to contribute if given the chance.
and i would gladly do the xbmc side
Like http://musicbrainz.org ?
musicbrainz does not hold much info, none at all about artist and just the basics about albums (which you get from tags anyways)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best scraper for music?0