Best scraper for music?
Nazgulled Wrote:@Ninjamawwe
I don't care about the albumart, that I prefer to do manually and I already have covers for all my albums. I'm only talking about artist thumbs and fanart, none of the scrappers seem to do a good job at it. I was just wondering if there was any other, or any other way for music...

Nazgulled, I am talking about artist thumbs, if you organize your music folders like I mentioned (/some/path/artist/album), and stick your artist image named as folder.jpg in the artist folder, xbmc will pick this as the artist thumb when scanning your library. Nuzecast was nice enough to add a artist thumb category to his site, now all we need is images and a friendly developer to make it scrapable.
There is a database for video game soundtracks. Something like that for all "other" music would be great.
Of course the cover art should be in a higher resolution. Wink
i just added htbackdrops.com artist thumbs to the allmusic scraper. for those who like ac/dc, alicia keys or some old guy i can't recall the name of; enjoy Wink
Ninjamawwe Wrote:Nazgulled, I am talking about artist thumbs, if you organize your music folders like I mentioned (/some/path/artist/album), and stick your artist image named as folder.jpg in the artist folder, xbmc will pick this as the artist thumb when scanning your library. Nuzecast was nice enough to add a artist thumb category to his site, now all we need is images and a friendly developer to make it scrapable.
But that's what I said... Only in a different way.

spiff Wrote:i just added htbackdrops.com artist thumbs to the allmusic scraper. for those who like ac/dc, alicia keys or some old guy i can't recall the name of; enjoy Wink
Thanks, that's a welcome addition. Too bad there's not enough artists thumbs though.
well duh, that is something you can HELP out with mate
@Nazgulled : Yeah I know what you mean, it's VERY tedious finding decent resolution images for artist thumbs. I have about 900 artists in my library, and I've been working all week to find decent images, rezizing them, and touching them up.

Anyone know where I could upload these, and maybe save other people some time?
Yeah, I don't have that many artists, but still... I don't even have my music itself organized and I'm not going to look for artists thumbs when my own music is all messy on my hard drive. But I don't have time, at the moment, to organize my music, so...

Anyway, you can do that in the htbackdrops.com website, they have a music artist thumb category and as spiff said, the allmusic scraper now supports that Smile
How about lastfm (http://www.lastfm.com) and/or discogs (http://www.discogs.com)? They have pretty wide selection of artist images.

I imagine you guys are aware of these sites (especially lastfm) and if they have already been discounted then please ignore.
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
Last time I used the last.fm scraper, the artist images download were of very low quality/resolution. That's why I created this thread initially, cause none of the scrapers downloaded good quality pictures for the artists (at least 500x500 in my standards).
True, I agree that the last.fm scraper provide way to low rez images for my tastes. I'll start uploading those folder pics sometime this week.

Anyhow you think that 500x500 are satisfactory? I've found that it's pretty hard to find images where I can fit the entire music group into a 1x1 ratio image. It turns out quite a bit of the images for bands/artists out there are in like 2:1 ratio, which sucks and involves me doing alot of searching an eventual cropping.
the last.fm scraper and the discogs.com scraper wasn't hint enough that we have 'considered' it? ;P
Arkon11 Wrote:Anyhow you think that 500x500 are satisfactory? I've found that it's pretty hard to find images where I can fit the entire music group into a 1x1 ratio image. It turns out quite a bit of the images for bands/artists out there are in like 2:1 ratio, which sucks and involves me doing alot of searching an eventual cropping.
I based that value on my music covers... iTunes use 600x600 for music covers and I have some of them in that resolution but mostly, I have 500x500 and it looks good on a 1920x1080 screen on Aeon or PM3.HD (and probably all other skins).

The way Aeon or PM3.HD are made, it look good to have cover art or music artists in 1:1 aspect ratio. At least on Aeon it will be square anyway, even if it doesn't fit, Aeon will resize it (mantaining the aspect ratio). This doesn't happen on PM3.HD. I'm not explaining myself well but maybe you know what I mean...

That's why I recommended 1:1 oe 500x500, on Aeon, it would look good and be enough for 1920x1080. Maybe if the thumbs you got are higher, maybe you could upload them at 600x600. I don't think that more than that is need. This is artists thumbs we are talking about, not fanart.

But this is just my opinion.
Yeah I have, and always have planned on using 1x1 ratio images for artists. I primarily use Aeon (especially since Stark has been released) and I've noticed that a 500x500 icon looks decent as long as the source image is clear. If I find any that are great quality I'll put them up as 600x600, but as far as I'm concerned theres no need to upload huge 1000x1000 images. That'll only increase the file size, loading time, and would just be overkill.

(oh yeah, and I knew we weren't talking about fanart Cool )
Arkon11 Wrote:If I find any that are great quality I'll put them up as 600x600, but as far as I'm concerned theres no need to upload huge 1000x1000 images. That'll only increase the file size, loading time, and would just be overkill.
Exactly Nod.

Arkon11 Wrote:(oh yeah, and I knew we weren't talking about fanart Cool )
It was just to make sure everyone was on the same page Rofl
spiff Wrote:i just added htbackdrops.com artist thumbs to the allmusic scraper. for those who like ac/dc, alicia keys or some old guy i can't recall the name of; enjoy Wink

spiff, if you are dealing with allmusic scraper. Could you please have a look at this please?

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6144

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best scraper for music?0