Best scraper for music?
i'm already cc'd on the ticket. that means 'whenever i/we have the time'
spiff Wrote:i'm already cc'd on the ticket. that means 'whenever i/we have the time'

Yeah, okay.
I hope you don't resent me for asking this...
not you personally no. but in general i don't like such nags Wink
spiff Wrote:not you personally no. but in general i don't like such nags Wink

Yes, I understand that. But you always say, that we(users) should "catch" you on the forum and try to convince and explain about new features/ bugs and get some attention to tickets.

It was a soft try. Cool
indeed. which is why i didnt go by my nickname ;P
Arkon11 Wrote:Yeah, if you put a "folder.jpg" in the root directory of an artist that will show up as the artist thumb/image. I found that a 600x600 image works fine. You could probably even get away with a 500x500.
I tried this but it doesn't work for me... The allmusic scrapper does not seem to look into that file, can you take a look at that spiff, please? When I tried, it downloaded an artist thumb from htbackdrops.com without checking for a local "folder.jpg". (I have my folder structure correctly setup as "/Music/Artist/Album")

Also, it didn't work in file view the same way it works for album covers. When if file mode, the "folder.jpg" for an album is automatically picked up and displayed for that album. As per the quation above, I though this would work for artists too, but it seems it doesn't...

Or am I missing something here because it seems to be working for Arkon11?
Alright, lets see if I can help.

1.First of all make sure you're running a fairly recent build of XBMC.

Ok, to try this out, I went and deleted my userdata and my cache folder (under users/yourname/app data/roaming/xbmc.

2.So I'm starting from a blank slate. What I did was go and add my music folder in file mode.

3. On your music folder, hit "c" and select "scan to library"
4. Now go into library mode, and select "artists" and press "c".
5. Now choose "change scraper"
6. Make sure you select "discogs" and make sure you turn on "automated scan".

It'll now scan your libary and download artist thumbs, but if you have a "folder.jpg" in your artist directory

(for example: I have a folder called MGMT, and inside I have a folder called "Oracular Spectacular" and a jpg called "folder.jpg")

When it scans your library and downloads stuff from discogs, the thumbnail in your folder should take priority over anything that it's downloaded. The same should go for a fanart image "fanart.jpg"

hope that helped man.
I don't like discogs, I prefer allmusic or last.fm... Allmusic is my preference though, it scraps more things as far as I've seen (on my library at least).

Maybe that's the problem? I can't test it right now to see if the problem is the scraper or not...
I doubt it's the scrapper thats the issue. XBMC (as far as I know, should always choose local thumbs/fanart over downloading new ones.)

If you don't mind the trouble, try deleting your cache, and userdata folders.
OMG, I'm so stupid... Nevermind, stupid, stupid me... It is working...

I keep my music in sync (with the same folder structure) with my laptop and the XBMC machine and I was doing the changes (adding a folder.jpg to a artist folder) in my laptop and not on the HTPC. I mixed this because I use my laptop to do all the necessary changes on the HTPC through network drives.

I can't believe I mixed this...

Sorry!
hahah hilarious. Don't worry about it, but I did get a decent laugh :-p.

Hope you've got everything figured out.
Yeah, everything's working now... I just need time to download proper thumbs for all my music artists Tongue
I'll get around to uploading some. I've just been crazy busy lately, and i'm going down to Texas for some school stuff for a week Sad
Have u guys thought about the method of "Freevo"?

"Unless you want to bother signing up for an Amazon.com associate developer account (or have one already), comment out this line to stop freevo moaning at you on the console:

plugin.activate(’audio.coversearch’)"

I used it back in the days with Freevo, and got all the covers nicely....
How can i add a new scraper for music?

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best scraper for music?0