• 3(current)
[MOD] Mod Pack (End Time, Weather Conditions Backdrops, Submenu, Movie Genre Posters)
CF2009 Wrote:what would be cood is if we could use animated images...

Indeed. It'd be nice. I guess it's the next step. À la XMB.
How exactly are we suppose to store the movie genre posters?

The info in the first post said to unzip the poster pack to moviegenres. I downloaded TheSilhouettesPoster-Pack_Vivid-Final.zip and unzipped that to media\moviegenres, which left me with a structure like this:

media\moviegenres\Genres\action.jpg

That didn't work, so I removed the Genres folder and it was like this:

media\moviegenres\action.jpg

No luck with that either.

:confused2:

edit: figured out my problem. They are stored the 2nd way above but I was in list view and it looks like it only works in showcase and panel view.
media/moviegenres/action.jpg

is the right way, just as you figured out on your own.. Smile

there's the reflection prototype, it's incomplete as far as I understand it, but I think it also has the posters enabled for all views..
Fiinix Design presents: Posters, for Movies, TV Shows, Games, Arcade etc.

» Latest Poster-Pack: The Silhouettes, TV Shows
» Upcoming Poster-Pack: To Be Announced

» Game & Emulator Poster, request here
» Movie/TV Genre Poster, here
Maybe it's been covered by now but I also found a problem with the custom weather backdrops (or maybe just the pack I downloaded). They stopped working tonight. I looked in my log and saw this:

Code:
18:57:49 T:1216 M:2456432640   ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Xbox\Pictures\XBMC\Backdrops\Weather\4\
18:57:50 T:1216 M:2455191552   ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Xbox\Pictures\XBMC\Backdrops\Weather\na\

The folders from the backdrop pack I downloaded were named 01, 02, 03, 04, etc.

I just renamed them to 1, 2, 3, 4 and problem solved.
anyone else have this issue ?

when i go into TV shows with submenu .3 .. and select anything in there .. i loads up the appropriate location .. but in Movies ?? (notice upper left corner .. and background in second pic)

weird things is .. i noticed this "bug" in submenu .2 .. however it was with movies .. and they were loading in TV section

latest stark (off git)
Great work CF2009 and asphinx!
I went a little bit crazy and made this work for director thumbnails also.
If someone else wants it, here's the download link for files and my moviedirector folder containing thumbs of 140 directors.

Mediafire link

Just put moviedirector folder in media folder.

@pletopia
i think it's a quirk of XBMC Smile
edit: just tested it and it looks like it thinks you are in Movie library as that was the last library you were in, if you go it to TV library then back out to the main menu then go to newest for TV or Movies it will think you are in the TV library lol quirk..

@123ccd
nice use of the mod, i will see if i can get it to work with the update to the genre poster mod i have been working on...
Another good use of the genre posters is for Apple Movie Trailers. You can get them set up by pointing the python script to the moviegenre directory (It is at the top of the script, but I don't remember where exactly) .. the biggest change you need to make is that a few of the genre's are named differently.
So for AMT, the first genre is "Action and Adventure", so I just made a copy of action, and named it "action and adventure.jpg" same for "Science Fiction". Then there are three others: Exclusives (I used secondary documentary), Foreign (I used secondary history), and "Search Movies" (I used the third default)..
Works like a charm.

I'll post the modification to the script later.
--> 123ccd, that is indeed a very nice mod, though I personally would have seen a more visual consistency (I'm a sucker for unified looks).. then again there's a certain charm to having them "different", also makes them easier to distinguish.. Smile

yep .. was definatly able to "recreate" the quirk Smile
question .. in .2 the mod locked my menu bar in place (either middle or lower position) .. in .3 my menu bar isn't locked anymore .. was this intentional ? i kind of liked locking it in place .. once i place it don't like it really moving to middle position
CF2009 Wrote:new animation control
(trun on/off Submenu slide up/down animation so only the main menu will slide)
(trun on/off main menu slide animation so no menu will slide)

from the 1st post Wink
update see 1st post .....
amazing work, thank you very much and keep it coming Smile
The Transforminators HD Movie Trailer
- from the creators of Terminator and Transformers -
Now I can finally officially start using Aeon properly! Wink Excellent that you got the fallback to work.. Quick question though, I doesn't matter to me but how did you handle the ".." folder? Pure curiosity.. Smile

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Mod Pack (End Time, Weather Conditions Backdrops, Submenu, Movie Genre Posters)1