[bug?] fallback image
it look like there is a bug with fallback image it only works if there is no String (image address) to look for Huh

IE.
not working
Code:
<control type="image">
    <texture fallback="defaultfolderbig.png">$INFO[ListItem.Label,,.jpg]</texture>
</control>

working
Code:
<control type="image">
    <texture fallback="defaultfolderbig.png">$INFO[Skin.String(Empty)]</texture>
</control>

is there any way we can have it look to see if the image file is there if not then use the fallback image?
Nope, the skin does not hit the filesystem to check file existence, and nor should it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

k is there any other way to have a fallback image other then having a image control in the background?
I don't think there's any way the skin can test whether an image exists or not if that is what you are asking.

If you want an image to appear if a certain image file doesn't exist then you probably do need to place your fallback image behind it.

You might want to do a test on the image control's IsVisible property cos I'm not sure what the result is if the image file is not found? (My guess is that it's still visible, just that it doesn't actually have an image file to display but yo never know)
that may be useful. if the image does not exist have xbmc set the control to invisible.

if the OP is using transparent images. the one behind would show thru.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Getting it to return false to a visibility condition could be problematic. Primarily as we don't necessarily know whether or not the image can be loaded at certain points (eg large image loading) and the setting of which image to load occurs at render time, and hence one might get visibility returning false at some point in the render cycle and true at others (causing glitches).

In my opinion, the best plan of attack is to decide what should be done when we're unable to load an image. This is a feature request really, so obviously nothing that can be done until after Babylon.

Skinners should consider possible implications of a failure to load an image dropping back to the fallback, or whether it should drop back to nothing. If necessary we can add a switch, though I'd prefer not to.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[bug?] fallback image0