Movies without fanart question
I've set Fanart folder as backgroung for the movies section.
Now when on movie without fanart it shows the random fanart from the folder.
Is it possible to have it show nothing instead but still show them on the Home screen?
+1 for this request
Just make a generic fanart and assign it to those movies...Or...Better yet... Make a fanart for the movie and submit it to themoviedb.org, or request that someone else make it.
I was hoping for something else, but i guess it's back to photoshop time.
smcnally75 Wrote:Just make a generic fanart and assign it to those movies...Or...Better yet... Make a fanart for the movie and submit it to themoviedb.org, or request that someone else make it.

i am doing it all the time and i hope others do as well.
So many movies which deserve backdrops but dont have any yet or not good ones.
what a pitty.....
neurosis13 Wrote:i am doing it all the time and i hope others do as well.
So many movies which deserve backdrops but dont have any yet or not good ones.
what a pitty.....

I agree...Everyone needs to pitch in. If don't have the experience or software to do it then they should request for someone to do it int THIS thread that has been started for those requests.
To bring the thread back to the topic it had before it was hijacked, how do I prevent random fanart being showed for the movies that don't have any?

My folder of random movie fanart only contains fanart from movies I own, to not confuse my family or guests. The problem is that when browsing the movie collection, the 5% of my movies that don't yet have correct fanart now will display fanart from some other movie in my collection. This has the unfortunate side effect of once in a while tricking the movie browsing, especially my SO who only pays attention to the fanart.

And yes, I could submit fanart for those movies, but I currently don't have anything worth submitting. And yes, I could copy some defult images to those movie folders, but I rather not since it makes it harder to keep track of which ones still need proper artwork.
sialivi Wrote:To bring the thread back to the topic it had before it was hijacked, how do I prevent random fanart being showed for the movies that don't have any?

My folder of random movie fanart only contains fanart from movies I own, to not confuse my family or guests. The problem is that when browsing the movie collection, the 5% of my movies that don't yet have correct fanart now will display fanart from some other movie in my collection. This has the unfortunate side effect of once in a while tricking the movie browsing, especially my SO who only pays attention to the fanart.

And yes, I could submit fanart for those movies, but I currently don't have anything worth submitting. And yes, I could copy some defult images to those movie folders, but I rather not since it makes it harder to keep track of which ones still need proper artwork.

Code:
    <control type="multiimage">
        <include>Background_SingleImage</include>
        <imagepath>backdrops/default_movies</imagepath>
        <info>Skin.String(CustomMovies)</info>
        <visible>!Skin.String(CustomMoviesFolder)</visible>
        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(videomovies)</visible>
    </control>

<include>Background_ImageFolder</include>
        <info>Skin.String(CustomMoviesFolder)</info>
        <visible>Skin.String(CustomMoviesFolder)</visible>
    </control>

<imagepath>backdrops/default_tvshows</imagepath>
        <info>Skin.String(CustomTV)</info>
        <visible>!Skin.String(CustomTVFolder)</visible>
        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(videotv)</visible>
    </control>

<info>Skin.String(CustomTVFolder)</info>
        <visible>Skin.String(CustomTVFolder)</visible>
        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(videotv)</visible>
    </control>

Delete these lines from the file MyVideoNav.xml.

You may want to keep the ones that have <include>background_singleimage in them and just set one static image as the background.
sialivi Wrote:To bring the thread back to the topic it had before it was hijacked, how do I prevent random fanart being showed for the movies that don't have any?

HijackedHuh We gave a valid answer to his question. I can understand you wondering how to edit the xml to work for your needs, but there's no need to give us crap for recommending a real solution. The real solution is to at least request that the fanart gets made in the thread I linked to above so nobody has to have any movies that lack fanart.
no need to edit code just use this image as the fanart for the movies you do not have fanart for Rofl
^^ lol, makes sense
The Transforminators HD Movie Trailer
- from the creators of Terminator and Transformers -
CF2009 Wrote:no need to edit code just use this image as the fanart for the movies you do not have fanart for Rofl

LOL...nice. That's a classic example of Occam's razor right there. Wink
Did this question ever actually get taken care of? It would be nice if no fanart = generic backdrop (i.e. movie theater picture). I understand I can obviously just save the generic backdrop as fanart for movies without any fanart currently - however this would be a very tedious task as my movie collection is currently at 3,000+.

I would love to create fanart for movies without any, but unfortunately the majority of the movies in my collection have absolutely no high quality shots/posters to even consider creating fanart.

Thanks!
jtap06 Wrote:Did this question ever actually get taken care of? It would be nice if no fanart = generic backdrop (i.e. movie theater picture). I understand I can obviously just save the generic backdrop as fanart for movies without any fanart currently - however this would be a very tedious task as my movie collection is currently at 3,000+.

I would love to create fanart for movies without any, but unfortunately the majority of the movies in my collection have absolutely no high quality shots/posters to even consider creating fanart.

Thanks!

This worked for me, you may have to tweak it to fit your settings. It grabs the default movie backdrop supplied with the skin.

In MyVideoNav.xml from the very top
Code:
<window id="25">
    <defaultcontrol always="true">50</defaultcontrol>
    <allowoverlay>yes</allowoverlay>
    <controls>

<info>Skin.String(CustomMovies)</info>
        <visible>!Skin.String(CustomMoviesFolder)</visible>
        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(nomoviefanart)|IsEmpty(listitem.property(fanart_image))</visible>
        <visible>[IsEmpty(Fanart.Image)+IsEmpty(listitem.property(fanart_image))] | Skin.HasSetting(notvfanart)</visible>
    </control>

<!-- MOD -->
    <!-- ADDED CODE -->
        <fadetime>400</fadetime>
        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(nomoviefanart)|IsEmpty(listitem.property(fanart_image))</visible>
        <visible>[IsEmpty(Fanart.Image)+IsEmpty(listitem.property(fanart_image))] | Skin.HasSetting(notvfanart)</visible>
        <include>Animation_FanartFade</include>
    </control>
    <!-- END: ADDED CODE -->

<!-- COMMENT OUT ORIGINAL CODE
        <info>Skin.String(CustomMoviesFolder)</info>
        <visible>Skin.String(CustomMoviesFolder)</visible>
        <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="300" condition="Skin.HasSetting(nomoviefanart)|IsEmpty(listitem.property(fanart_image))">Conditional</animation>        
    </control>
    END: COMMENT OUT ORIGINAL CODE -->
<!-- END: MOD -->

Now if I can just figure out how to fade between fanarts.....
jtap06 Wrote:Did this question ever actually get taken care of? It would be nice if no fanart = generic backdrop (i.e. movie theater picture). I understand I can obviously just save the generic backdrop as fanart for movies without any fanart currently - however this would be a very tedious task as my movie collection is currently at 3,000+.

Thanks!

A screen shot is better than nothing. No movie should be without fan art, IMO. I had movies that were tough like you but I took screen shots and requested that someone make a fanart with them. It took about 2 days and they were up on the site.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies without fanart question0