Mkv files with subtitles
Hi, I've recently been re-encoding all my tv shows using the x264 codec in the .mkv container. I'm ripping all the subtitles aswell, the problem is that when I play these files in XBMC the subtitles aren't being displayed.

I can view, and switch between these subtitles in VLC, so I know they're there. I also know that I've checked to make sure that subtitles are enabled and such in XBMC.

Is there a chance that XBMC doesn't support subtitles in containers?
They work fine for me with mkv and other container formats.
Might help if you told everyone what version of XBMC you're using.
sorry I'm using XBMC Revision 19052. I believe I got the link from an Aeon thread.

But yeah, for some reason none of the subs are showing up, I can select the subs in XBMC (like when I turn subtitles on, it detects the 3 subtitle tracks my movie has, but none are actually displayed onscreen)

Thanks
Any ideas? Oh and in using automkv for encoding

EDIT: So I tested it with an .mkv file a friend of mine brought over, and the subs work fine? Think it has something to do with how automkv encodes the files?
Ok, I can navigate to the external sub that I ripped from the .vob, and view that through xbmc fine. But when I try to actually use the subtitle thats in the .mkv container, it doesn't work.
I just upgraded to Babylon and subtitles have also stopped working for me.
I'm having a similar problem with Babylon alpha 1 on Apple TV.

xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/m324ace23

In particular, these ominous-looking lines seem to repeat several times whenever a subtitle is supposed to appear:
Quote:T:52283392 M: 3547136 DEBUG: [ass] fontconfig_select: Using default font: (Chalk, 80, 0) -> special://xbmc/media/Fonts/arial.ttf, 0
02:46:40 T:52283392 M: 3547136 DEBUG: fontconfig_select: (Chalk, 80, 0) -> special://xbmc/media/Fonts/arial.ttf, 0
02:46:40 T:52283392 M: 3547136 DEBUG: [ass] Error opening font: special://xbmc/media/Fonts/arial.ttf, 0
Arkon11 Wrote:sorry I'm using XBMC Revision 19052. I believe I got the link from an Aeon thread.

But yeah, for some reason none of the subs are showing up, I can select the subs in XBMC (like when I turn subtitles on, it detects the 3 subtitle tracks my movie has, but none are actually displayed onscreen)

Thanks
Have you checked where they appear is not off screen using the Video Calibration? I've had this happen a few times in the past.
srecd Wrote:I'm having a similar problem with Babylon alpha 1 on Apple TV.

xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/m324ace23

In particular, these ominous-looking lines seem to repeat several times whenever a subtitle is supposed to appear:
Have you tried to open the font to see it's not corrupt?
Is there a way to disable the subtitles on xbmc? I have two .mkv's and the subtitles are on in English and the language is in English.
'Enter' to bring up the OSD and then disable them from the Audio settings.
Thanks awesome. I watched a whole movie with subtitles and I kept reading the subtitles even though the move was in English.
Hilarious, yeah the subs just draw my eyes everytime. Any does anyone know why xbmc doesn't play .idx subs? It won't work for me, though when I mux in srt subs with mkvmerge, the srt subs work great.
You mean this 6 month old bug? http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5193
This is why sub/idx subtitles don't work.
Well, xbmc doesn't crash by any means, the subs just don't show up. I've already checked to make sure the subs should be visible (via video calibration)
Hitcher Wrote:Have you tried to open the font to see it's not corrupt?

I've downloaded it to my Mac, and Font Book opens it with no problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mkv files with subtitles0