[SVN] Interesting remote issues...
This is something I've noticed lately, but I'm not sure how long it's been happening as it's tricky to reproduce:

- Successfully compile XBMC from SVN

- Press Menu on the Apple remote - XBMC launches from the /release folder, but the remote wont work to navigate the interface.

- Navigate to settings/system/remote, turn Always on to OFF - XBMC crashes to desktop.

- Press Menu key on remote - nothing happens

- Launch XBMC manually - remote still not working.

- Navigate to Settings/System/Remote, toggle Always On to ON - now everything works fine.

Repeat from Step 2. Basically, if I start XBMC by pressing the Menu key on my remote (thus using XBMChelper I'm guessing) it launches fine but breaks the remote. To fix it, I have to toggle the remote's Always On property to off, which instantly crashes XBMC, then to on again (after relaunching) for the remote to resume working for navigation.

Incidentally, how the hell do I tell XBMCHelper to launch from /Applications instead of the xbmc/build/release folder?

Thanks in advance for any help.
brave little meme loves you.
Doraemonn Wrote:This is something I've noticed lately, but I'm not sure how long it's been happening as it's tricky to reproduce:

- Successfully compile XBMC from SVN

- Press Menu on the Apple remote - XBMC launches from the /release folder, but the remote wont work to navigate the interface.

- Navigate to settings/system/remote, turn Always on to OFF - XBMC crashes to desktop.

- Press Menu key on remote - nothing happens

- Launch XBMC manually - remote still not working.

- Navigate to Settings/System/Remote, toggle Always On to ON - now everything works fine.

Repeat from Step 2. Basically, if I start XBMC by pressing the Menu key on my remote (thus using XBMChelper I'm guessing) it launches fine but breaks the remote. To fix it, I have to toggle the remote's Always On property to off, which instantly crashes XBMC, then to on again (after relaunching) for the remote to resume working for navigation.

Incidentally, how the hell do I tell XBMCHelper to launch from /Applications instead of the xbmc/build/release folder?

Thanks in advance for any help.

XBMC configures XBMCHelper.conf in userdata. When you run xbmc from svn, this xbmc is tagged for remote handling. If you run the xbmc in /Applications, then that one will get tagged for remote handling.

xbmc was never properly using the XBMCHelper.conf, now it is.
So if I compile and then move the resulting app from /release to ~/Applications, the next time I run it it will configure XBMCHelper accordingly?

It still doesn't explain the crash when toggling Always On though...
Doraemonn Wrote:So if I compile and then move the resulting app from /release to ~/Applications, the next time I run it it will configure XBMCHelper accordingly?

It still doesn't explain the crash when toggling Always On though...

yes.

as always, the xbmc.log and crashreporter log would be helpful in debugging this. pastebin them and post the URLs here.
No need - seems the issue was resolved in the latest SVN, as well as XBMCHelper starting the right version of XBMC now.

I think it's time I got that Mac Mini now...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SVN] Interesting remote issues...0