Where are new people coming from?
Let be me the first to vote for "Exblazario" for the Stable release code name, when we get to that letter.
I came here after getting sick of mediaportal, was using meedio before that.

So far I'm extremely impressed with XBMC.
well ive been using and still use xbox flavour for xbmc for about 5 x years.

i was so excited when i heard the dev team was working on a linux and thereafter a winblows port.

jumped on windows port some stage after svn compile instructions appeared, now of coarse some really cool ppl up latest svn, and do the hard work for us.

have prolly installed about 15 or so windows xbmc systems for myself and others. love it.

keep up the good work dev team.

Dam0
Been using this since XBMP days on xbox, so a good 6 years.. i had an account here that expired due to not logging in for a while so i recreated it..
i've been looking for a media player that plays movies from multi-rars for months! so google was kind enough to send me here Laugh
I'm from Italy. Discovered xbmc looking for a serious frontend for my new htpc. I tested quite all the frontends out there and only xbmc survived Wink
In particular the web interface has always been my killer feature, cause I use it to control music playing from an external browser.
Of course xbmc has some issues, but obviously nothing is perfect Wink
abba77 Wrote:i learned about this when someone posted about the upcoming aeon stark skin on a bmw lounge forum.

was using nothing before this. just folder and double click video files.

fancy Big Grin

True tho, the aeon stark skin is very classy looking.
There is really great skinz available now for XBMC.
Mediastream
Aeon
Focus
Serenity

I have recently bought a big 46' LCD and found that XBMC was really amazing with those excelent skins on this huge screen.

I was previously using XBMC on a good old xbox with a old sd TV. Things were running really fine, stable, no need to spend time on the forum.

But with the new TV, I built a new HTPC and found that things weren't as smooth and stable as with the xbox. So i have had problems and spent a lot of time to read the forum to find some solutions and advices.

Anyway, XBMC is still the best open source project I Know, and by far the best mediacenter that anyone could imagine.

Concerning the new comers, I think that xbmc is really near what users want today :
We buy HDTV and wan't to be able to enjoy it
We read the web and see great reviews about XBMC with really beautifull screenshots.
When we understand that this great app is free, that it can read anything, that it can work with nearly any remote/gamepad/kb/ ... and that it can be installed on any computer you might already own : WE WANT IT ... and here we are.

Keep up this amazing work.

Thank you guys

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where are new people coming from?0