Revision 19333 seems to messed up library scan
I don't even know exactly how to describe this problem...

I was in the middle of updating my library scan when I decided to turn XBMC to update to a new revision. I thought this would be ok cause I have killed XBMC many times in the middle of a library scan, restarted it and everything went fine.

Not this time with an updated in the middle, but I'm not sure that's the problem... I deleted the "Thumbnails" and "Database" folders and restarted XBMC. This is where the problem starts...

First, it takes a while to load (not normal, it as always been very fast) and it does not start to scan the library when I have the option to start scanning when I start XBMC (it does show up in the log though). I look in the "userdata/Database" folder and the database files are there, MyMusic7.db (608Kb) and MyVideos34.db (1.269Kb). If I deleted this fones (or even the whole "Database" folder) and restart XBMC, it still takes a while to load XBMC and the same files will be created with exactly the same sizes...

This is weird... It's even more weird when I disable the libraries (for both videos and music) and the files are still created with the exact same size. The log still shows that, for some reason, the libraries are going to be updated at startup when I have them disabled...

Here's the log for this:
http://pastebin.com/m398edad2
It's because when you stopped XBMC it saved the fact that it was still scanning.

Remove guisettings.xml, or edit it and remove the appropriate entry that specifies that it's to restart scanning.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I do it all the time and it never happened... I mean, while it's in the middle if scanning, turn off XBMC, turn it back on and scan continues... This never happened before, maybe the revision upgrade have anything to do with it...

I didn't want to remove it cause I'll have to configure everything all over again, but the file is quite big, can you point me which is setting exactly that's probably causing this?
From your logs, you have "Update Library on startup" enabled for both music and videos.

Turn them off if you don't want the libraries to be recreated at startup (ofcourse they will be - you deleted them!)

I fail to see what the problem is.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Well, first, I recommend that the libraries to not be recreated at startup even with that option is enabled IF the library itself is disabled. For instance, in the settings dialog, if the librari is disabled it makes sense that you can't edit any of the options below, it's disabled, so why do you want to configure them anyways? No point right? So, if the library is disabled, the option to recreate it at startup shouldn't have any meaning... It's still saved in guisettings but it's just to be remembered if the user decides to re enable the library, but it shouldn't take precedence over the enable/disable library option.

All that said... I understand that I are recreated at startup if I have that option enabled. What I don't understand is why they are created exactly with the same sizes (MyMusic7.db (608Kb) and MyVideos34.db (1.269Kb)) everytime when my libraries are actually empty. I haven't defined any folders to be scanned and although the libraries are enabled, those files are created. But why are they if I don't have anything in the library?

Maybe it's something really needed and since I never saw this happening before, I found it strange, that's all...

Sorry for the confusion...
I'll just remove the ability to disable the library. Problem solved.

Sizes are thus because that's the size of an empty library.

jmarshall Wrote:I'll just remove the ability to disable the library. Problem solved.
What about the people that prefer to use file mode and don't want to have an additional button to turn "library mode" when they are browsing their files?

(I don't know if any skins out there use that value to show (or not) an additional button to enable the library when navigating files...)

jmarshall Wrote:Sizes are thus because that's the size of an empty library.
Now I know Smile
Nazgulled Wrote:Now I know Smile

And knowing is half the battle.

Go Joe!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Revision 19333 seems to messed up library scan0