Wierd error/bug?
I think I have encountered a bug with the new release of stark (0.91)

I ran the first release of aeon stark (the one released the 30th) and everything was operating smoothe, I had a library with a couple hundred movies, all with fanart, folders & nfo's working in xbmc.

When the new release came I installed it on another PC, moved the HDD with my movies to the current PC. set the Video folder to look at the root movies folder.

But now I cant get fanart & folders to show. The nfo works fine though. I have tried 3 different versions of XBMC, made sure all settings are the same as before. But it won't solve.

Here's hows a folder look:
C:\Filmer\Role Models
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
movie.nfo
movie.tbn
Role Models.nfo
Role Models.tbn
Role Models-fanart.jpg
s-rolemodels.mkv

The only difference afaik is the resolution (1600x1050 on PC which works, and 1920x1080 on HTPC does not work)

Has anyone seen this behaviour before?

(this is my 3rd post about this. I have got 0 replies and I would very much appreciate if someone took the time to help me out.)
I'd start by removing all the doubles you've got in each folder.

fanart.jpg and Models-fanart.jpg are the same
movie.tbn and Role Models.tbn are the same
movie.nfo and Models.nfo are the same

You only need one of each and folder.jpg is only used in File Mode.
Tried removing doubles, didn't work.. allthough I noticed that the fanart is working..

It seems as if xbmc can't read my .tbn files though, I swiched skin and the problem consists, When I press "I" and browse for a thumbnail and choose folder.jpg or folder.tbn it doesn't pick up the thumbnail.

Could the error in fact be because my system drive is not C:?

The drives got a bit messed up when I went from Ubuntu to XP
Hitcher Wrote:I'd start by removing all the doubles you've got in each folder.

fanart.jpg and Models-fanart.jpg are the same
movie.tbn and Role Models.tbn are the same
movie.nfo and Models.nfo are the same

You only need one of each and folder.jpg is only used in File Mode.

Would having duplicate files i.e

movie.tbn &
<name of movie>.tbn

cause a problem, confusion, slowdown etc?

Or is it simply a waste of hard disk space?

Easy to sort though - just do a search in your movie directory for *.tbn and block delete those that aren't "movie.tbn"
Vorm Wrote:Would having duplicate files i.e

movie.tbn &
<name of movie>.tbn

cause a problem, confusion, slowdown etc?

Or is it simply a waste of hard disk space?

Easy to sort though - just do a search in your movie directory for *.tbn and block delete those that aren't "movie.tbn"

My Media Info Plus created dupes of everything, however it did not cause any problem on my previous PC. Which is wierd becasuse I'm using the exact same library as before, but now it's not working anymore :mad:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wierd error/bug?0