Stuck on Downloading Movie Information
Hello!

Hopefully someone will be able to help me with this problem, which I have already searched the forums and trac for! Smile

I'm running the following, pulled from the log:

Platform: Windows Vista, 32-bit Service Pack 1 build 6001. Built on Apr 8 2009 (SVN:19344, compiler 1500) 2Gb RAM, ATI 3600 graphics with driver dated 25/02/2009 so, the latest.

Also, using the AEON STARK latest skin from GIT.

What I'm finding is that when I run a scan for new content on one of my hard drives containing standard def dvdrips, it's completing the scan but then the "Downloading Movie Information - Scanning for new content" box doesnt disappear?

The log's here:

http://pastebin.com/m34b799a1

I can see there's a few problems, but just dont know how to sort them, or if other people are also getting this issue? I've already done a clean install, deleting all the install folders etc.

Can anyone offer any advice?!

Thanks & Happy Easter! Cool

EDIT: Also - just tested, and the same thing happen when using the standard skin, so doesnt look to be a STARK issue. I dont know if a MOD could move this to the Windows forum for me?
My suitemate had this problem, do you have the latest SVN build of XBMC? (or at least one published after your version of AEON)?

--FF
Yeah, I've got the very latest SVN, as of now, which is presume is published after AEON. I did go back and install the most recent Jester build as well, but strangely still had this issue?
i think it has something to do with the IMDb or the source you are usung being offline or something,

a couple of days ago same thing happened to me trying to update TV library, i just changed the source and it worked again, of course i had to disable the scan on start option and restart to change first.

i hope i am not talking crazy since it is my first time posting

ps. sorry my bad english.
bramblepants Wrote:Yeah, I've got the very latest SVN, as of now, which is presume is published after AEON. I did go back and install the most recent Jester build as well, but strangely still had this issue?
Unless Jester is posting his builds some where else than the usual place, his most recent build is quite old as far as I know.
Try this build: http://www.mediafire.com/?ymmzwg1lxgo (Link retrieved from http://www.aeonproject.com near the bottom) This is not the LATEST SVN but it should work as it is posted next to Stark.

--FF
Ok, thanks for the advice so far. I have now gone back to the build suggested above and am carrying on my testing. At present the issue is still happening.

I have noticed that it is deffo not a skin issue, as it happens on the default one as well. I have a feeling it's getting stuck on certain movies, as if I remove a batch of movies from the folder its scanning on, delete the database, then rescan it works ok, until it hits another movie which it gets stuck on. As it scans so fast though, it's hard to work out which movie is causing the problem...

Still trying to find out whats going on...
Ok, so for the beneift of anyone else who has this issue:

I was able to narrow the issue down to 10 or do movies in about 600. For those movies I deleted everything in their folder, so the nfo, jpg, tbn and just left the video file.

I then re-created the info using MIP and they now scan into the library and the window dissapears after scanning - I can also use the latest SVN build without any issues.

Woop!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuck on Downloading Movie Information0