Is fullscreen mode suppose to kill Aero?
Are you guys using secondary monitors for XBMC? Or is your XBMC set to a resolution different from your desktop? I was having the same problem but managed to solve it by messing around with the XBMC resolutions
8600GT Vista 32-bit, latest driver and latest xbmc svn

Aero gets disabled when starting xbmc/alt+tab.

Eventlog says

"A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process (XBMC Media Center)"

EDIT: Tried two scenarios. XBMC set to same resolution as windows and XBMC set to different resolution as windows. Same results.

And I only have one monitor.
phoenx97 Wrote:Are you guys using secondary monitors for XBMC? Or is your XBMC set to a resolution different from your desktop? I was having the same problem but managed to solve it by messing around with the XBMC resolutions

On my desktop I was using multiple monitors but I built an HTPC and it only has one display... same problem. I've tried multiple resolutions and refresh rates. Aero is always disabled when XBMC is fullscreen. The only way to keep it running is to have XBMC windowed.

I also ended up installing Vista 32-bit but it has the same problem so this isn't a x64 vs x86 issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is fullscreen mode suppose to kill Aero?0