[REQUEST] MPD (Music Player Daemon) client / protocol plugin or script
Hm, I didn't find anything :/ Any chance of getting those API calls?
yes, ticket it or i'll forget Smile
Here it is:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7193

Btw, after a bit of work gmpc also seems to work:

This means that all libmpd-based clients should work Smile
Oh and it also means that I now have a windows-client working (gmpc also exists for windows Smile)
Awesome! I was actually planning todo the same thing.
I would be glad to help you with this as I know and did code stuff using SQL python the xbmc event listener and mpd before.

Let me know if you need any help.

Edit: Lol I just noticed that you are from austria too - nice one Smile
If I understand correctly this would instantly gives us the ability to control XBMC remotely via any device running an MPD client, and clients exist for all OS's, webbrowsers, Android and iPhone?
Thats right Big Grin
mots Wrote:Thats right Big Grin

nice! Laugh
I use XBMControl a lot but development seems to have stopped, this would enable some nice options for replacing it
Very rarely does googling turn up a recent thread directly on point. Fortunately, this time it did! I would love to use mpd clients to play music from XBMC. Eagerly awaiting release!
any progress on this?
Just stumbled on this thread - I'd be glad to help out, test etc. Would love to use the various mpd clients with xbmc!
Oh well, it's been quite some time since I worked on this project... I have a 48-hour job now, so time is kinda rare.
Anyways, here's the current source:
http://github.com/mots/xbmcpd
It's kinda pre-alpha-early-dev-stuff, and if you don't know how to use it, you probably shouldn't, but whatever...

Feel free to add stuff to it and I'll be happy to commit the changes upstream Smile

Cheers,
mots
Lightbulb 
I see there seems to be a script to allow mpd clients to connect, but how difficult would it be to go the other way, using the music portion of XBMC to control the MPD server?

I know this seems silly, but I have a music server that is hooked up to speakers and no monitor. I have a touch screen laptop, notebook if you preferr, that I use to control the music. I really like the XBMC UI and think it would be awesome for a party. I don't care about visualizations, or having music play from the crappy laptop speakers, prefer not actually. I would just run a slideshow.

It would also be neat to use in conjunction with the previously mentioned script, so that the main XBMC server (with monitor) could have one or more full featured remotes.

Thanks,
Kyle

p.s. I know I put a linux header on this, but really I don't see why it couldn't be used on any platform.
mots Wrote:Oh well, it's been quite some time since I worked on this project... I have a 48-hour job now, so time is kinda rare.
Anyways, here's the current source:
http://github.com/mots/xbmcpd
It's kinda pre-alpha-early-dev-stuff, and if you don't know how to use it, you probably shouldn't, but whatever...

Feel free to add stuff to it and I'll be happy to commit the changes upstream Smile

Cheers,
mots

Im terribly interested in getting this to work for XBMC. Any progress? I tried to download your scripts but have no idea how to use them.. Smile Any hints?

Cheers
jon
fuzzy7k Wrote:I see there seems to be a script to allow mpd clients to connect, but how difficult would it be to go the other way, using the music portion of XBMC to control the MPD server?

I know this seems silly, but I have a music server that is hooked up to speakers and no monitor. I have a touch screen laptop, notebook if you preferr, that I use to control the music. I really like the XBMC UI and think it would be awesome for a party. I don't care about visualizations, or having music play from the crappy laptop speakers, prefer not actually. I would just run a slideshow.

It would also be neat to use in conjunction with the previously mentioned script, so that the main XBMC server (with monitor) could have one or more full featured remotes.

Thanks,
Kyle

p.s. I know I put a linux header on this, but really I don't see why it couldn't be used on any platform.

Sorry for double post, I was a bit quick on reading the thread. This is actually what Im looking for as well. A script for controlling MPD inside XBMC. As it is now Im using mpd for playing my music, and I want to be able to do so from my laptop and with a remote. When I start up XBMC they interfere with each other and it gets messed up. So if I could just control mpd with xbmc I wouldnt need to run the ir-program for MPD.
You guys should definitely continue working on this project. Having a client for mpd on XBMC would be incredibly awesome! :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] MPD (Music Player Daemon) client / protocol plugin or script0