Strange bug?
Hi,

Strange bug here. I deleted my thumbnail cache under userdata after I changed the thumnbail size in advancedsettings.xml. And then all of a sudden cover art does not display anymore in the music cover flow (library on). When I remove my source and declare it again it changes nothing. Any advice?
Also can anyone confirm that when adding a source XBMC uses any file called folder.jpg as the cover art source (my collection is organized that way Music/Artist/Album/folder.jpg). Thanks in advance for any pointers!

@+,
Sha!
You don't have to declare your sources, you just need to re-scan to library, then the thumbnails should re-appear.. As far the music part goes, I can not help you there as I don't use XBMC for music..
Fiinix Design presents: Posters, for Movies, TV Shows, Games, Arcade etc.

» Latest Poster-Pack: The Silhouettes, TV Shows
» Upcoming Poster-Pack: To Be Announced

» Game & Emulator Poster, request here
» Movie/TV Genre Poster, here
asphinx Wrote:You don't have to declare your sources, you just need to re-scan to library, then the thumbnails should re-appear.. As far the music part goes, I can not help you there as I don't use XBMC for music..

Well that's what I did, rescan to library and still it does not work. I am at a loss there...

@+,
Sha!
Did you restart to let XBMC create the necessary folder again?
Fiinix Design presents: Posters, for Movies, TV Shows, Games, Arcade etc.

» Latest Poster-Pack: The Silhouettes, TV Shows
» Upcoming Poster-Pack: To Be Announced

» Game & Emulator Poster, request here
» Movie/TV Genre Poster, here
Just a thought, did you try a skin refresh? I know it SHOULDN'T make a difference, but hey, it says refresh and I like being refreshed, it fixed a lot of problems on the xbox when i had thumb issues. (Enable it by enabling Developer Mode in Settings->Customise->Advanced->General->Developer Mode)

--FF
You shouldn't have deleted the Thumbnail folder anyway, just the ones inside the Video thumbnail folder and even then you can leave the fanart one alone.
asphinx Wrote:Did you restart to let XBMC create the necessary folder again?

Yes I did and I tried FernFerret solution as well, with no success...

@+,
Sha!
All right so I found a (rather radical) solution to my problem. I deleted the MyMusic7.db in the database folder and that was it.
Now I am just having another issue when it scans the items in the database it does not use my folder.jpg in each folder but download a rather low-res version (sigh). Any clues?

@+,
Sha!
And you can't restore the Music thumbnail folder from your recycle bin?
Tried that. Did not work. My library db must have been somehow corrupted. Anyway this is solved now. Thanks for your suggestions guys!

@+,
Sha!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange bug?0