Problem with music config but not video??
When i goto the OSD while listening to a song and try to get into music settings... the program crashes however when i do it in videos.. it doesnt. Im using the latest 8.10 on Vista.

Whats the reason? Thanks
anyone
A 3 hours bump? No log? Running the "latest" 8.10? LOL!!!
No one is going to help you until you try to help yourself first.
Read the stickies.
Here is the log file...
http://rapidshare.com/files/219724460/xbmc.log.html

No errors present in the log file however the program crashes. This only happens when I try to select the Presets, Settings, Screen Saver all through the OSD controls while listening to music but, not when I watch videos.

Here is the Windows error log info....

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: XBMC.exe
Application Version: 0.8.1.0
Application Timestamp: 491c6765
Fault Module Name: XBMC.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.8.1.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 491c6765
Exception Offset: 003f2407
Exception Code: c0000417
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 3187
Additional Information 2: d9727574d1e3f3d82eb83012990f381f
Additional Information 3: e409
Additional Information 4: f9d31b6d9d424811fb13fba97fe3acbd

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=5...cid=0x0409
Not quite the latest 8.10 version as you stated. From now on READ THE STICKIES and dont use rapidshare for logs. Reading the stickies will tell you to use pastebin or otherwise. Also reading the stickies will tell you to get another version.

"Built on Nov 13 2008 (compiler 1500)"
Can you be a bit more respectfull instead of being an ass to people? This is the third time that you have treated me with disrespect. If you cant tollerate this type of stuff then you simply shouldnt reply.
Well since its the third time you would think that you would follow direction and have some respect for the forums and the people that make the rules around here. But nah...maybe you are a bit too lazy to read the stickies that are put there to help out everyone and not waste peoples time with questions that are already answered.
The crashing was fixed recently. Get a new build.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
SlaveUnit Wrote:Well since its the third time you would think that you would follow direction and have some respect for the forums and the people that make the rules around here. But nah...maybe you are a bit too lazy to read the stickies that are put there to help out everyone and not waste peoples time with questions that are already answered.

Or perhaps you can take it easy and not get annoyed by it. But nah... maybe you are just naturally this way.

I'm actually using the latest Stable version of this program on Windows which is hosted on the main page of XBMC.org. If the SVN builds fix issues that the Stable releases suffer from then why not host the latest SVN builds as stable releases?
Because it doesn't work like that. There may be OTHER issues in the SVN builds (which there are).

You need to learn how software development works. Bugs will always exist and will also subsequently get fixed. But at the same time, other bugs will creep in due to new features being added.

Otherwise, live with this bug or wait for the next stable release.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Its just not how program development works. It it was the case then there would be tons of stable builds. But since there isnt time to really test them throughly they arent really stable.

EDIT: Damn tslayer beat me to the submit button by seconds Smile
In which case it means that the SVN build won't really fix the issue I'm having either since there isn't anything directly pointing to the cause of my specific problem. Therefore I'm back to square one.

However there is an alternative method which I found to be the cure of this. I uninstalled the program and it's profile. I never modified any of the .xml files. Im at a lost but, it fixed it. A simple reinstall of the program.
tslayer Wrote:The crashing was fixed recently. Get a new build.

A dev just told you this. And you say a newer SVN wont fix anything?

One question. Why ask for help in here then, even when a dev gives you something to try you still ignore it?
No offense, but you need to get a clue.

If you need more specifics as to when it was fixed and what was fixed and how it was fixed, refer to : http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4391

Thanks for the site. Until a newer stable release is hosted then I'll just use a different screen saver for the time being other than ProjectM.

8.10 still works just fine for my needs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with music config but not video??0