Weird HDMI behavior (won't come back after input change)
I'm running 9.04 alpha1 with Launcher 3.0 on ATV 2.3. The ATV is hooked up to a Sony SXRD TV with HDMI (at 1080p, same behavior at 720p).

There's nothing in the console.log and nothing exciting in xbmc.log.

Basically what happens is when I switch my TV to a different input, or shut it off completely and come back to the ATV with XBMC running the picture may not show up. The times it does show back up, it flicks in and out a couple of times before it works... The times it doesn't ever show back up, I can still hear the remote clicks so something is running, but no video. The last few nights it has never come back the next day and requires a reboot to get it back.

boxee comes in immediately, as does the ATV software itself. XBMC 8.10 always seems to come back as well (although slower than both boxee and the ATV software).

Other notes. Both nights it's sat running it's failed to show video the next day. Right now I can switch between the DVR and ATV and it does eventually show XBMC after a few seconds. The DVR comes up immediately.

Could be an oddity in the handing of HDCP?
You need to add:
[HTML]<osx_gl_fullscreen>true</osx_gl_fullscreen>[/HTML]
To your advancedsettings file.

If you do not have an advancedsettings file, create one at /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

That should fix you up.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the advice. Seems to make an immediate difference. XBMC now pops up as fast as everything else when switching inputs. I'll update again if this fails tomorrow evening.

Dan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird HDMI behavior (won't come back after input change)0