[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use XBMC and Vista Media Center with a MCE remote with EventGhost
Sorry I haven't really used Event ghost before.

How do I import your xml that you have created?

Thanks
ptipton Wrote:Cant seem to solve the second problem though. I checked that the diable HID was unchecked and also tried using a a completly different xml file with HID disabled but in both cases when I go to live tv i get the same remote sensor is not connected error
Hmmm... I'm not sure about that one. Like I said, it works fine for me but I am using Vista. Maybe it's an XP thing. You might want to try asking on the eventghost forum.

yunti Wrote:Sorry I haven't really used Event ghost before.

How do I import your xml that you have created?

Thanks
File > Open
LaTropa64 Wrote:File > Open

Thanks very simple (for some reason it didn't work the first few times but I can import it fine now.

However Eventghost doesn't seem to pick up any of the remote buttons presses in the log. (The remote is working as it will open Windoes Media Centre etc...)
The log picks up manually opening/closing XBMC etc... and other actions.

Any ideas why evenghost isn't picking up any remote actions?
(I also have the MCE remote plugin loaded)
(and bizzarely I can also move around eventghost with the remote using the directional remote keys)
Thanks
Make sure you start Eventghost as an administrator. Right click "Run as Administrator".
Hi LaTropa64

I am doing your tutorial today, and have been scratching my head here.

How do I get the "play" button on my official MCE remote to "play" a movie in XBMC ?

I don't see it listed on the huge dropdown menu of actions, and these actions are for KEYBOARD... not for a remote... so I'm very confused.

how do I get that "play" to work ?

it would be the same question for "stop" and "rewind" etc, but if I can get an answer on "play" the rest should be self-explanatory :-)

Thanks to you or anyone who can answer !

Thanks !
[quote=LaTropa64]10. Now to start populating the XBMC folder. I
LaTropa64 Wrote:Make sure you start Eventghost as an administrator. Right click "Run as Administrator".

Thanks for your help it now works great Big Grin
Zippo2009 Wrote:Hi LaTropa64

I am doing your tutorial today, and have been scratching my head here.

How do I get the "play" button on my official MCE remote to "play" a movie in XBMC ?

I don't see it listed on the huge dropdown menu of actions, and these actions are for KEYBOARD... not for a remote... so I'm very confused.

how do I get that "play" to work ?
I'm not using the xbmc plugin in eventghost because it's basically impossible to double up actions on the remote in different areas of xbmc with keymap.xml.

I just mapped everything to keyboard controls. Play on the remote sends the letter "P" to xbmc. It works great. The only downside is XBMC has to be the active window... which isn't a problem for me since it always is when I'm using it.
I downloaded the latest EventGhost and the native XBMC plugin wasn't all that great. It did a few things like up,down,left,right and volume, and maybe a few other buttons, but not much.

I downloaded the EventGhostXBMC.xml and it gave me alot more functionality.

This was true despite the fact my remote was a different remote than the one list.

My remote is:

Thanks for sharing, LaTropa64. Smile
Hi

Thanks for a good guide. Almost everything works.

I`ve got the start XBMC to work the first time, but now it don`t work.
I did what you wrote, macro run aplication.
What can I have done wrong?

And, one problem, if I push up once, it moves twice. What is this?
It is possible this happens with other buttons to. is there somthing to do with this?

Kindly

Petter
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Very helpful post. Thank you very much. I am having trouble starting xbmc with the teletext button. I have a dual monitor setup so I followed this guide to make a shortcut that would run xbmc on my TV at 1920x1080 resolution: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44617

I set up the xbmc start macro like you showed but I added the "SDL_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=2" command hoping that would make it work. It doesn't because I cant access the properties to set up UltraMon. I tried to aim it at my custom shortcut, but it wouldn't take it. Is there a way to have the Teletext button run a shortcut?
pettergulbra Wrote:And, one problem, if I push up once, it moves twice. What is this?
It is possible this happens with other buttons to. is there somthing to do with this?
Make sure you haven't mapped anything to the directional buttons with eventghost. As long as you haven't disabled HID, they all work out of the box and so mapping them would cause the commands to double up.

In the picture of the remote I posted, everything labeled in green should not be mapped with eventghost.
Why do you uncheck disable HID in the first step? I didn't do that and everything works fine on my remote..
I found it out...

Nice job...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52571
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
weezertom Wrote:Why do you uncheck disable HID in the first step? I didn't do that and everything works fine on my remote..

I use both XBMC and Vista Media Center (for the live TV). If you disable HID, then you'll know longer be able to use the MCE remote for Windows Media Center.

Also, the directional buttons on the remote work much better out of the box than they do with mapping them in eventghost. It's much more responsive and you don't have to mess with trying setup a repeat rate.
Thumbs Up 
Thank you. A very good tutorial.
Took me a few hours to get things working, I eventually used someone else's xml, but your simple steps explained to me how to create a useful xml, which is the critical step I was missing.

Request to sticky this thread. It's the best one so far that I've seen to make the MCE work with EG.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use XBMC and Vista Media Center with a MCE remote with EventGhost3