[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use XBMC and Vista Media Center with a MCE remote with EventGhost
I'm trying to get my MCE remote RC6 to work with xbmc so I can search for music on my pc by using remote like sms.

I've tried :
- importing the xml file with eventghost
- Keymap.xml in userdata
- Advancedsettings.xml in userdata

What do I wrong or is it so hard to get the remote working like in mce ?

thx
I also created a custom EventGhost config to run XBMC with my MCE remote. However, I am having troubles when navigating up/down/left/right in menus using the arrow keys - the cursor frequent skips 2 places despite 1 button press. I've played around with the "button release timeout" and I tried ticking and unticking "Disable HID service for this remote" without success. I do not have this problem when navigating using the arrow keys on my bluetooth keyboard.

Also, if I hold down an arrow key on the remote, XBMC does not smoothly scroll down/across the list like it does when holding the arrow key on my keyboard. I've tried using commands to repeat the button press when held, but it doesn't work the same.

Does anyone have advice for either of these problems? Thanks in advance!
spritemv Wrote:I also created a custom EventGhost config to run XBMC with my MCE remote. However, I am having troubles when navigating up/down/left/right in menus using the arrow keys - the cursor frequent skips 2 places despite 1 button press. I've played around with the "button release timeout" and I tried ticking and unticking "Disable HID service for this remote" without success. I do not have this problem when navigating using the arrow keys on my bluetooth keyboard.

Also, if I hold down an arrow key on the remote, XBMC does not smoothly scroll down/across the list like it does when holding the arrow key on my keyboard. I've tried using commands to repeat the button press when held, but it doesn't work the same.

The arrow keys are already handled. Don't put anything in eventghost for them-same for the volume keys I believe.
i've got windows 7 and EventGhost 0.3.7.r1194, loaded the xml that was provided here. but the MCE command doest seem to work. The EventGhost doest seem to recognize any button i press, i mean, no log appears on its screen saying that i pressed that button on remote... any ideias why?
i already tryied enable/disable the "Disable HID service for this remote"
also i can move arround the EventGhost soft using my remote (up/down/left right/enter)but still no log appears, and yet for idle/unidle it registers. weird no?
^ Same issue here.

Cant figure out what i am doing wrong.
spritemv Wrote:I also created a custom EventGhost config to run XBMC with my MCE remote. However, I am having troubles when navigating up/down/left/right in menus using the arrow keys - the cursor frequent skips 2 places despite 1 button press. I've played around with the "button release timeout" and I tried ticking and unticking "Disable HID service for this remote" without success. I do not have this problem when navigating using the arrow keys on my bluetooth keyboard.

the exact same problem here! Dont know how to fix this. I´ve been around this for nearlly 2 hrs. I have a Toshiba Remote MCE.

Does anyone know how to solve the bold part?!

tks
Hi,

i am using a Remote/IR Receiver (RC6) with success.

Now i am searching how to bind the "Info Screen" for each video. When i browse to a video and press my "Info" button, i want to see the "Info Screen" for this video.

Someone could please help?

regards
During the configuration i could see the info message "MCERemote.Details". But why is the folder "XBMC" deactivated?

Should i also copy the new keymap.xml into the /userdata/keymaps?

Most other buttons from the remote are working, only i (Details) not.

thx

Edit: Great, it works very good. Used your xml file Smile
I have an issue when using this. After a reboot, I hit the T or (CC) button to start XBMC and remote is not focused on XBMC. I have to get up, and move my mouse from my PC monitor to TV and click on XBMC to get the remote to work. After that first time, it seems if I shut down XBMC and use MCE and go back and open XBMC, it is focused on XBMC. So, It seems like it mainly happens after a reboot.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
BNB
BTW I have been using eventhghost with XBMC for at least a year now thanks to this guide and have had no issues. However since camelot beta1 and later releases I have one issue Im trying to track down. In some menus the back button (exit on my mce remote) will double click. For example if I go into TV Series, then enter Dexter for example and then goto season 1. If I hit exit (back button) on my remote it will bounce me back two screens to the main menu and not to the Dexter screen. I tried disabling the back button in the eventghost config but that of course makes it no longer exit from some screens (such as the info screen for movies)

Anyone else also experience this and if so have you found a fix yet?
I'm having the same problem but haven't even looked for a solution yet.
uncertainty Wrote:In some menus the back button (exit on my mce remote) will double click. For example if I go into TV Series, then enter Dexter for example and then goto season 1. If I hit exit (back button) on my remote it will bounce me back two screens to the main menu and not to the Dexter screen.

Has anyone been able to fix this? I have the same problem with r28256 i Win7.
Fixed it by just not adding backspace to the Back button. The button works fine without adding it to EventGhost. Well, at least the remote from "Hauppauge MCE Remote Control Kit".
I have the Microsoft Remote Control for XP Media Center v2
Looks like this.

I can't get the volume keys to work inside XBMC (9.11) on XP. I'm guessing it's because those specific keys on that remote are programmable; as in, they can turn the volume up or down on the actual TV. I figured out the shortcuts on the keyboard are "-" for volume down, and "=" for volume up. I mapped those in Event Ghost and they sorta work. I have to press the button repeatedly, with a nice delay in between each press just to turn the volume up or down within XBMC (not Windows' universal volume).

Is there a way to configure EG to let me just hold down the volume key to turn it down a lot or a little inside of XBMC?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use XBMC and Vista Media Center with a MCE remote with EventGhost3