• 7(current)
[RELEASE] ListenLiveEU (Music) Plugin - European Radio Stations from listenlive.eu
(2012-09-28, 21:24)_BJ1 Wrote: Get the radio-plugin from the official xbmc repo. This works much better then the listenliveeu-plugin which is'nt seem to be under development anymore. Otherwise you have to contact the main developer. Look into the plugin properties or the readme for that.

I have tested the radio plugin with the official remote and it is even worse than the listenlive plugin.
When I go to a subfolder(genre) the remote tries to load the folder entrys and gives an socket error....

Hmm, works here like a charm. Offical xbmc remote on Android is running here.
XBMC is controlled by the remote but not the add-on.
Therefore it seems to be problem between your remote and XBMC.

By the way if you've any suggestions to improve listenlive.eu then please let me know.
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
** Browse by country errors and fix **
Hi people !
Congratulations to the developer of this excellent plugin. Really excellent if you live in Europe !
I have noticed that as of version 0.4.5 when you try to browse by country, the following countries produce a message box with the following title and error and return to the country selection :

getURL()
ERROR! 'utf8' codec can't decode byte...

The affected countries are :
Bosnia-Hersegovina
Greece
Iceland
Latvia
Serbia
These may change as the error is content dependent (it is affected by the html sent by the listenliveeu site)

The issue is related to either malformed utf8 characters of the corresponding web pages or some bug in the python library (unlikely but possible).

Until the developer can fix it, here is the cure for it :
-Open the file <Appdata>/XBMC/addons/plugin.audio.listenliveeu/default.py with any text editor
-Go to line 330
Change the original line :
return unicode(doc, 'UTF-8')
to
return unicode(doc, 'UTF-8', errors='ignore' )

That will instruct python to ignore the malformed utf characters instead of raising an exception and quit. If these characters are not part of the actual stream link, they do not affect the operation of the plugin.

Cheers
George
Hi georgio,

thanks for reporting the defect and the solution.Smile
I already changed the station name parsing because of station names like "abc & # 1 2 3 ;" (spaces because otherwise the forum software tries to decode the unicode entity)
and the plugin path decoding due to problems in Windows with accented XBMC and user profile paths.

A pull request for Eden is sent. This version works for Frodo, too.
Frodo pull request is postponed because I decided to wait for the transiflex translations.

Xycl
No log no help.
I'm having issues with bookmarks... when I click 'add bookmark' it simply says 'Bookmark NOT added!' and ok.

My plugin menu also only shows 'Browse by Country', 'Browse by Genre' and 'New Additions'... no Bookmarks.

I checked the add-on settings but didn't see any options that seemed related to the issue.

Am I missing something?

I am running Frodo, and have uninstalled/re-installed the add-on, shows v1.0.1
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
There's an bug in the source code. Adding favorites has never worked.
I'll send a PR to add the fixed add-on into XBMC repository.

If you can't wait then edit plugin.audio.listenliveeu\default.py:
Line 73:
Code:
doc = open(FILE_FAVS, "r+")
            text = doc.read().decode('utf-8')
            if nameurl in text:
                doc.close()  # MUST BE DELETED
                dialog.ok( __plugin__ + ' v' + __version__, __language__(30015), '', urllib.unquote_plus(name).decode('utf-8') )
            else:
                doc.write(nameurl)

to:
Code:
doc = open(FILE_FAVS, "r+")
            text = doc.read().decode('utf-8')
            doc.close()  # NEW!!!!
            if nameurl in text:
                dialog.ok( __plugin__ + ' v' + __version__, __language__(30015), '', urllib.unquote_plus(name).decode('utf-8') )
            else:
                doc = open(FILE_FAVS, "a+")  # NEW!!!!
                doc.write(nameurl)
You must delete one doc.close() and add one doc.open() and one doc.close()

Your add-on menu doesn't show the menu "Bookmarks" because you haven't any.
No log no help.
It must have worked at some time... I use to have a list of about 5 stations. No idea if favs or bookmarks though.

That being said, I found the file (finally) and tried viewing in Notepad and it was a big mess so opting to leave it alone rather than mess it up... plus wasn't sure if I was to include "# NEW!!!!" or not in there. Was simply going to copy/paste. Probably easy stuff for a programmer... not so much for average joe end-user. Big Grin
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Hmm... that's odd, because I'm using version 1.0.1 from the XBMC.org repository on Frodo and "Add bookmark" and "Browse by bookmark" work fine for me (i.e., I can bookmark a station and then select it from the bookmarks list for playing).
(2013-02-15, 01:42)artrafael Wrote: Hmm... that's odd, because I'm using version 1.0.1 from the XBMC.org repository on Frodo and "Add bookmark" and "Browse by bookmark" work fine for me (i.e., I can bookmark a station and then select it from the bookmarks list for playing).

When I had EDEN I added a bookmark, and when I went into the plugin, I had a bookmark folder and inside was what I added.

If I add a fav, I can click the favs icon from the main XBMC screen and the favs were in there, but, not a fan of using that method, I'd rather click ListenLiveEU and click Bookmarks and have the list appear.

So... it's not that it has 'never' worked... rather it seems hit and miss? Does it have something to do with O/S versions? or upgrading to FRODO vs clean install?
1) The # is a comment. You can leave or delete it. It doesn't matter.

2) I tested the latest Eden and Frodo version with a portable configuration on Window 7 and in both cases the "open(FILE_FAVS, "r+")" open the file read only.
That's the reason for the new "open(FILE_FAVS, "a+")" which opens in append mode to write back your bookmarks.

Perhaps there was/is a Python version which worked with mode "r+"?

Take the default.py from:
https://raw.github.com/Xycl/plugin.audio...default.py
Right click on the link and select save.
No log no help.
Auto-updated today and works fine! Big Grin

Thanks!
Wink
No log no help.
Hello

I tried downloading the needed plugin to listen Absolute Radio on Kodi but it seems that unfortunately the provided link

http://www.4shared.com/file/97110676/df8...iveEU.html

does not seem to exist no more. Got any alternative links to download it from or hint on some adaable repo?

TIA
I just wanted to say thanks for this addon. I'm in the US, BTW. :-)

A lot of the audio addons have quit working recently but this one is still working great.

I really love being able to select stations by genre, and bit-rate.

Since I play this on the tv, and I also have to live under the tyranny of ISP imposed bandwidth caps, being able to choose a 24 or 32kbps station to stream is worth it's weight in gold.

I am listening to a 24kbps jazz station from London right now and it sounds great.

Thank you for making this addon. I hope it stays around a long time! :-)
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ListenLiveEU (Music) Plugin - European Radio Stations from listenlive.eu1