no default icon backgrounds
I have just switched over from Windows to Linux on my main HTPC in the lounge. Basically, I have a clean install of Ubuntu, XBMC Babylon Alpha 1, and followed daveisadork's instructions in the GITHUB sticky on pulling Aeon directly from github from a terminal window.

Its all working well, except I notice that I don't appear to have any default icons in any windows. For example, I've added a signle video source, and when in showcase view, I can see a "glow" frame where the default poster icons should be, but nothing in them.

By comparison, I uninstalled my SVN of XBMC on my windows laptop, reinstalled XBMC Babylon Alpha, and downloaded Stark 0.91 from the sticky. Everything looks fine, and I can see the default icons.

Only difference really is the method for getting Aeon. Direct from github on Linux, and a zip of 0.91 on Windows. Any idea of what is wrong? Something missing on github perhaps? Oo
Ideas anyone?

I had a look on my windows box and found the default icon images in the media folder.

Was hoping they would be missing on the Linux box, but nope. They all appear to be in ~/.xbmc/aeon/media/. So why aren't they appearing?
case-sensitivity perhaps? Dump 'em in an XPR and it'll work.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Is case sensitivity different for Linux and Windows wrt xbmc and Aeon? It works in Windows, just not in Linux.
Windows filesystems are case insensitive.

Linux filesystems are case sensitive.

Thus the difference.

Throw all the media files into Textures.xpr and it'll work - Textures.xpr is case insensitive.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Hmmm... possible then. And I downloaded the zip archive of 0.91 from github, installed alongside in another directory, and it still exhibited the same behaviour - so not a github pull problem like I thought.

Anyone else use Linux and Aeon noticed this? My problem is I don't know how to put these into a Textures.xpr. I will learn if I need to and give it a go, but first interested in whether I am alone in having this problem.
I noticed this but I just figured it was one of those incomplete things. :p
Nope, all icons have defaults and appear fine in Windows.
I've the same problem. If it's a case sensitive/case insensitive problem how I have to rename the files? From

Code:
defaultactorbig.png
defaultaddsource.png
defaultalbumcover.png
defaultartistbig.png
defaultaudiobig.png
defaultdvdemptybig.png
defaultdvdrombig.png
defaultfolderbackbig.png
defaultfolderbig.png
defaultharddiskbig.png
defaultmusicplaylists.png
defaultnetworkbig.png
defaultpictureback.png
defaultpicturebig.png
defaultplaylist.png
defaultplaylistbig.png
defaultscriptbig.png
defaultvideobig.png
defaultvideocover.png

to...Huh

Or this doesn't work?
Just inject them all into an XPR and be done with it.

Or better yet, couldn't DJH_ correctly refer to the files in his xml using the correct case? I would rather this, as I can continue to run git pull from the console to get new files as djh commits them. No mucking around everytime DJH updates the skin.
Some of them are called from the code side, not from the skin side necessarily.

Follow the casing in PM3.HD as an example.

The file names that iddqd posted - are they called from djh's xml files, or are they referenced somehow directly from xbmc? I want to refer to the xml file that specifies the default files, to check what case is used - but I can't figure out which xml file to look at. :/
Whoops... just saw your post jmarshall. Thanks for that idea.
Damn, Textures.xpr Laugh

I might as well give up and go watch Dancing With the Stars Rolleyes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no default icon backgrounds0