[MOD] Poor man's mod to get more info during video playback (time, cover art, etc.)
I'm really use to pressing the "i" button while a video is playing back to get details on the movie and how much time is left in it. Currently, here's how it looks by default in Stark:

This mod will change it to this:

I know virtually nothing about skinning so this probably isn't done right as it is mostly just a direct copy from another xml file (DialogSeekBar.xml) with the title, year and cover art added on. Believe it or not it took me hours to figure this out though. :o I spent forever just looking for which xml file was responsible for this view. Is there a guide somewhere that maybe shows you what xml's are what?

Anyways, here it is...

Just open up DialogFullScreenInfo.xml and replace it with this: http://pastebin.com/f30353a9a

Or download and unzip this to the 720p folder: http://www.upitall.com/Public/Pictures/1...enInfo.zip

Now my next project is to try and figure out how to make the actors in the DialogVideoInfo to be selectable (for cross searching) and to show their thumbnails. Similar to this mockup:

If anyone has already done it, let me know because I have a feeling I won't be able to pull it off. Smile
AWESOME. Thank you!

My only concern is that some of this might get implemented in the final build, but hey! You've already done it! Looks great!

and no, there is no guide, it's all custom, you could go play with the basic skin if you want to learn about that though, that's what i'm doing, seeing as i'm just a skin noob.

--FF
FernFerret Wrote:My only concern is that some of this might get implemented in the final build, but hey! You've already done it! Looks great!
That's true. Most probably will be and they'll likely be done much better. I'm too impatient to wait for the final release though. There's only a couple of really small things like this that are keeping me from using Stark over MediaStream. Once I get them all fixed, I can make the permanent switch. Smile
Quote:That's true. Most probably will be and they'll likely be done much better. I'm too impatient to wait for the final release though. There's only a couple of really small things like this that are keeping me from using Stark over MediaStream. Once I get them all fixed, I can make the permanent switch.

Haha! So true, sadly I'm doing the same thing right now! (Making a custom AEON build for my father and his HTPC and 4 xboxes Smile )

The problem I had with mediastream (I'll admit i didn't look hard at all) is that it, by itself PREVENTS an XBOX from playing ANY video, so stark is the place to go for me!

--FF
Thanks for this. ^_^
Be sure to post a link to your thread on the stickied mod post.
The 'finishing time' addition is pure genius Big Grin
Pretty amazing how all of these simple mods are coming together so nicely.
I think you should look into the shiny rounded look like the rest of the skin. other than that it looks great.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
onesojourner Wrote:I think you should look into the shiny rounded look like the rest of the skin. other than that it looks great.
I don't know enough about this yet to pull that off... but if I ever figure it out, I'll definitely do it.

mug2k Wrote:The 'finishing time' addition is pure genius Big Grin
I can't take credit for that. That came from what was already in the DialogSeekBar.xml I used to copy from, which came from a mod by CF2009 (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=48435). It's one of my favorite parts though. Smile
that great, i hope something similar gets added to aeon
The only problem I noticed is that now you can open the menu over it, but hey, i guess i'm okay with that, I might even try to fix that unless you feel up to it latropa, but i'm kinda pushing for you to do the actor art Smile

--FF
Yeah, that's how it works in PM3 also

It just doesn't look as weird since the menu design doesn't cover the entire thing.

There's probably some way to fix it, but I'm not sure how yet. Smile
Thanks mate, downloaded - it looks great.
You should be able to add a condition to hide one if the other is opened and vise versa.
Saved me from hacking something together, cheers mate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Poor man's mod to get more info during video playback (time, cover art, etc.)0