• 11(current)
ArchLinux + XBMC = Amazing!
Wait, you say there are ppl using xbmc on anything not-nvidia? Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I use xbmc with Intel GPU.
Is it that hard to edit PKGBUILD and remove libvdpau from depends?
NO

so please just STOP!
Haggy Wrote:Wait, you say there are ppl using xbmc on anything not-nvidia? Wink

Well, I built my htpc before xbmc had vdpau, so it's amd 780g-based...
I'm not sure if this is an general XBMC or an ArchLinux problem but xbmc is not able to decode AAC with SBR which results in a 24hz sound output. Can anyone confirm this?
spektr Wrote:The strange thing is that 9.04 works just fine. I'm running dbus:
Code:
mythtv    3307  0.0  0.0   3104   692 ?        S    Nov30   0:00 dbus-launch --autolaunch 33ebf429101d482fbbd170f64b11eb8b --binary-syntax --close-stderr
mythtv    3308  0.0  0.0   2240   900 ?        Ss   Nov30   0:00 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --fork --print-pid 5 --print-address 7 --session

I'm simply starting it like I start other versions of xbmc: "xbmc -fs &"

Is no one else having this problem? Very strange, I'm running an up-to-date system with the same package others are running, some of them should be running into the same problem...

I too am having this problem. I'm guessing that it has something to do with the SSE2, or lack there of in my processor.

I don't suppose your processor is also lacking in the SSE2 department?
Any chance of getting a new package?
Sure - i've set up a VM for compiling 32bit packages with old libs (libjpeg6 and libcdio 0.80).
I got one for you: http://dump.haggy.org/xbmc/xbmc-svn-2609...pkg.tar.gz
but note these recent packages have known issues with avi videos and vdpau.

Cheers.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
New version from me. Sorry for not keeping up to date but with the holidays I have been busy and then I got a wicked stomach flu which knocked me on my ass. Anyways here's a new version, everything seems to work. This one is from an up to date system as of this morning. Needs libjpeg6.

Code:
http://d01.megashares.com/dl/ad12151/xbmc-svn-26457-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz

Enjoy.
For any of you interested - i did a small splashy theme showing the new xbmc logo (the black one). You can grab it here: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33897 . Install splashy-full as described in the Arch wiki.

Cheers!
For any of you interested - i did a small splashy theme showing the new xbmc logo (the black one). You can grab it here: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33897 . Install splashy-full as described in the Arch wiki.

Cheers!
Thanks for the splashy theme. I will try it once i get aroung to installing splashy.

I have a problem howvere, and thought this might be a better place to ask than the arch forums. If xbmc tries to suspend my htpc, it freezes. Not just xbmc, ut the whole system. Can't ssh into it or anything. Any clues?
Looks like a general suspend problem. Does it suspend and never wake up or does it freeze instantly. You could have a look at your /var/log/messages at the time the machine tries to suspend. Also make sure you're running a recent kernel and tell us what mobo / cpu you're using. Sometimes a few kernel bootflags help.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ArchLinux + XBMC = Amazing!2