Music scrapers only download one album and than stops
I've been around this for some and can't seem to find what I'm doing wrong because this was working in the past and now it isn't...

This seems to be happening with any music scraper and it only happens when downloading album information from the internet. If I don't have that option select, everything works fine.

But let's say I do have that option select and my library is empty. I select an artist folder (with 3 albums, for instance) in file mode and then open the context menu and select "scan item into library". The scraping process will start and it will download album information for the first in the list but it will stop there.

It won't download any more album information for the next 2 albums and it won't even fetch more media information from the hard drive. The progress bar will stop there with the message "Loading media info from files..." on screen and it doesn't go away...
i have the same problem at the moment,
itunes screwed up my libary yesterday and now i cant get it reorginized within
xbmc.
I hope the answer lies somewhere within the log file.
Add me to the list having the same issue. Luckily for me, the problem is with a friend's XBMC and not mine! Smile My music library is complete and I haven't updated it in months. A friend's XBMC went kaput (along with his HDD) and I was refreshing the album info for him when I noticed this glitch. If I scrape for info manually, it works fine. Only when scanning multiple albums does it crap out.
Can you guys post what SVN revision are you using (if any) or what version are you using? Just to make sure cause I have a feeling it was working before I did an SVN update a while ago and just wanted to be sure...
Xbmc-19353
Probably due to 19329. Revert that specific change and it should work again.

Spiff is aware of it. Please file a trac ticket though.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hum...

I'm going to revert those files and the scrapers to a version prior to that, then compile and install to see if it "solves" the problem... Just to make sure it was that change.
Not sure the scrapers need to be reverted.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Well, I reverted all the scrappers and all the 4 modified files in revision 19329 to the prior revision (19328) then I tried to do a clean compile, but the compiler failed me with some errors... Not sure what's the problem.

I'm going to update once again the whole thing tomorrow and try to compile an update version, if it succeeds with no errors, I'll revert them and try again...
I was able to compile this time and reverted all those files (7 in total, 4 from revision 19329 and 3 scraper .xml files) and everything is working properly now.

I guess that's the problem then...
Please file a trac ticket.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music scrapers only download one album and than stops0