Poster Cropping
One thing that I've noticed with Aeon, and no disrespect to djh here, is the fact that my posters get cropped which is slightly annoying after spending a lot of time downloading or making my own.
I've overcome this by replacing 'scalediffuse="false">scale</aspectratio>' with 'scalediffuse="false">stretch</aspectratio>' in the 4 Viewtype xml's but did wonder why 'scale' is used instead of 'stretch' for the views when the fullscreen info uses 'stretch'.

Anyway, here's the before and after results.

cool, is it only the top and bottom that benifits? or are my eyes decieving me?

thx

cal
Yes, the width is fine.
reason i asked was..... a couple of movie posters i had originally (mirrors, in bruges) i had to change due to them being cropped too much at the sides.... in bruges had the letter "i" missing

http://getvideoartwork.com/index.php?act...ewsIndex=1 (i woulda posted a screenshot but am away for a bit)

don't suppose you could do some jiggerypokery with the width? Big Grin

thx

cal
Hi have just tried this and yes it does look better But is it meant to squeeze the poster when scrolling through your videos in showcase mode?
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
@Hitcher, is this due to the aspect ratio or dimensions of your thumbnails (1000x1500 or 720x1080)?

Do you think i would still get this problem with 729x1080 thumbnails (DJH stated as the *perfect* size)?

The only reason i ask other than just test it myself is that i'm currently not running XBMC. My HTPC is , well, gone... So, i thought i'd spend my time organising all my files and artwork etc. Currently i have about 150 thumbnails that i've made, removed all text except title, enlarged title, and cropped to 729x1080. I'd hate to think they won't look proper.
Not to hijack this thread, but your thumbs/posters look pretty slick. Where you do download high quality ones? The ones I find on IMDB, etc look ok, but not great at 1080p.

Do you think you could release your set?
cyrus_mc Wrote:Not to hijack this thread, but your thumbs/posters look pretty slick. Where you do download high quality ones? The ones I find on IMDB, etc look ok, but not great at 1080p.

Do you think you could release your set?

http://getvideoartwork.com/

http://www.themoviedb.org/

http://www.movieposterdb.com/

http://www.impawards.com/

my order of preference...
Worst case search google for images and set that puppy on highest resolution.
I've found many an obscure movie poster this way.
could this be added as a option in the customisation section?
Q6600, ASUS P5W, 6GB DDR2 and 2.5TB RAID running Mac OS X 10.5.5 and XBMC
xbox v1.0 (softmod) XBMC Dash
paul Wrote:Hi have just tried this and yes it does look better But is it meant to squeeze the poster when scrolling through your videos in showcase mode?
Can you post a screenshot?
ethan_9219 Wrote:@Hitcher, is this due to the aspect ratio or dimensions of your thumbnails (1000x1500 or 720x1080)?

Do you think i would still get this problem with 729x1080 thumbnails (DJH stated as the *perfect* size)?
The dimensions used are 173x254 (1:1.47) and 244x359 (1:1.47) compared to 729x1080 (1:1.48) so there will be a slight difference in height.
cyrus_mc Wrote:Not to hijack this thread, but your thumbs/posters look pretty slick. Where you do download high quality ones? The ones I find on IMDB, etc look ok, but not great at 1080p.
Most of them come from GetVideoArtwork.
ok, well, i'd be happy to have the crop issues of the op. for me it's considerably worse given that i, for lack of a 16:9 or 16:10, am still using my olde 19" crt with 1600x1200. using that resolution for aeon stark / xbmc does the following:

both shots taken at 1600x1200 (reduced to 1/2). first one with aeon in coverflow, 2nd using idk some other skin (lol) in thumb view mode: (click thumbs to enlarge)

Image Image

both are showing the same thumb. you'll notice the weird cropping and the weird height/width ration in that aeon coverflow screen.

now I am aware that aeon has been done with 720 or 1080p in mind, which, of course is a different aspect ratio. but even so, after reading this thread, i went looking for the poster definitons in the various .xml files. upon finding the dimensions as given above (173x254) there, i then went to take said screenshots to measure the sizes of those thumbs (as they are actually being displayed) using photoshop. idk why, but none of them are even close to what is set in those files (173x254) -> that would be an aspect of 1:1.46 for me it's more like 217x423 - which is not quite the same asapect ratio (1:1.95).
that aside, my thumbs are 800x1160 (don't ask why it doesn't matter anyway) which is basically the same aspect ratio as usual. so what and where (file(s)?) do i need to make changes to get aeon to look it's best on my 4:3 crt screen? changing settings didn't do anything for me so far Sad
I will eventually move on to a 16:9 fullhd display, but not just now. that aside aeon still is the best skin (is it fair to just call it a skin? Wink ) by a mile, maybe more
Hitcher Wrote:Can you post a screenshot?

The dimensions used are 173x254 (1:1.47) and 244x359 (1:1.47) compared to 729x1080 (1:1.48) so there will be a slight difference in height.

Most of them come from GetVideoArtwork.
The problem is a screen shot wont show up the problem! they look fine when it's static but the one that is selected the posters width shrinks by around 10% when you move to another movie. It just looks dam odd other than that it is fine.
I will re check my xml files to make sure i have got the code right
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:The problem is a screen shot wont show up the problem! they look fine when it's static but the one that is selected the posters width shrinks by around 10% when you move to another movie. It just looks dam odd other than that it is fine.
I will re check my xml files to make sure i have got the code right
Doesn't happen for me -

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Poster Cropping0