• 1(current)
[DOWNLOAD] Serenity (Beta) Skin
Thumbs Up 
So, I promised I'd release it on Easter. And here it is.

But, there's a catch...it's not 100% done yet. The Large TV Show info panel is not done. There's no music info panels, and the fullscreen TV stuff is also needing work.

But, because my layoff from work is coming to an abrupt end, I decided it would be best to get this out there for you guys and finish the last bits as I get a chance.

But, this will at least put it in your eager hands.

So, here you go:

http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/serenity/dlpage.html# (click where it says "HERE")

Also available via SVN (recommended):

http://code.google.com/p/xbmcserenity/source/browse/

What you need:

Serenity requires that you have XBMC Babylon Alpha installed.

I also highly, highly, highly recommend that you use MIP to sort your TV shows and Movies, as it has features that were custom-made for Serenity. This includes the ability to tag your files with extra media info to further enhance your experience.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47071&page=77

Using MIP, you can also download DVD covers and view them in Serenity. Serenity looks for the following XM images and displays them if found (Front_Cover, CD1, CD2, and Insert). These are the ones you want to have.

Emulators: In media/emuart/SYSTEMNAME you can put fanart for whatever system you have, then link it to the homescreen and go right from there. To add an emulator link, enter "Launcher/?EMUNAME" for the path, where EMUNAME is the CASE SENSITIVE name you assigned in launcher. You should name it the name of the system being emulated, and not the actual emulator program.

Other Plugins: For any other section, all you need to do is enter the name of the Plugin FOLDER you want linked. Hulu would be Hulu. Mythbuster = Mythbusters, etc.

I will update this page later with better info and such, but for now, I've gotta go celebrate the holiday. Enjoy. Wink

Edit: If you're getting DNS problems, you can use the alt link:

http://iamkizer.ipower.com/xbmc/serenity/
Oh, and I'll have a section up so you can post requests/bugfixes/etc as soon as I can figure out which mod to ask to make it for me.
Hi

The Dl link is not responding..(sends back to same page.)

Zeltak
This link doesn't work?

http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/serenity/cc...k.php?id=8
thanks! Been waiting for this..!
aart Wrote:thanks! Been waiting for this..!

Like I said, some of the stuff still needs polishing yet. So feel free to post any bugs/problems you find or any requests you have in the forthcoming section...
awesome works now

thx for all your hard work ive been waiting for this skin for a while now Smile

Zeltak
Holy crap...the Serenity skin is sooo awesome ..it was really worth the wait!

No disrespect to Aeon (which is awesome) but it seems all the hype went there and IMHO Serenity is in a class of its own (especially for SD tv owners like meSmile...)

So since you asked here are a few suggestions Smile

1)I and many others (as ive noticed lately use unicode text so support for UTF-8 would be awesome..someone suggested the droid font on the Aeon forum section

2)on my 4:3 sony TV the fonts are a bit to small..cab there be an option for a bigger font? that would be cool

3)I noticed the lack of playback OSD and a file manager but i assume its coming later on?

Gotta go to sleep now but will play with it some more tomorrow..

Thx again for all the hard work you put into it..its really awesome

Zeltak
Thank you for releasing this mod. As I work through it I noticed the following:

When in Movies/Fanart mode (with the title at the bottom of the screeen) everything works as expected. However, when I use down arrow to display the movie info and scroll left or right with this info up it does not wrap. I get to the end and have to reverse direction or press up arrow to remove the movie info then wrap.

BTW, is there an option to show the movie info by default instead of pressing down arrow?

Thanks again,

James
APPLAUSE..!!!Nod
I'm speechless what a nice views.Big Grin
GUI is a little strange at the first time but you have to get the hang of it and it will guide you fast and nice thru your library and also change your view very easy. Like it.!!

Does run very well on the xbox exept did miss an overlay in more info view, but it's to early to make a report didn't test enough.
EEK!

Can someone Mediafire this? The domain is blocked by my filter!
Wow I could code serenity quicker than its downloading and I have never coded in my life.
theophile Wrote:EEK!

Can someone Mediafire this? The domain is blocked by my filter!

First post updated with a MF link...it's not done upping yet, give it about 10-15 mins.

Thanks to everybody who posted comments...I'll respond to them individually later when I have time. Wink
JRuss2k Wrote:Thank you for releasing this mod. As I work through it I noticed the following:

When in Movies/Fanart mode (with the title at the bottom of the screeen) everything works as expected. However, when I use down arrow to display the movie info and scroll left or right with this info up it does not wrap. I get to the end and have to reverse direction or press up arrow to remove the movie info then wrap.

BTW, is there an option to show the movie info by default instead of pressing down arrow?

Thanks again,

James

The wrapping problem is because the second downpress highlights a scrollbar, which then makes the infopanel display. I've been thinking about this for a while now, and I think I know how I can make this work properly. However, if I just make it so you can enable an auto-popup on the info panels, then this won't even be needed.

I could definitely devise a method to make the infopanel display automatically after a second or so. I'll take a peek tomorrow and see if I can make it go. This will be flaggable, of course, so people who like the views w/o the info will be happy as well.
zeltak Wrote:Holy crap...the Serenity skin is sooo awesome ..it was really worth the wait!

No disrespect to Aeon (which is awesome) but it seems all the hype went there and IMHO Serenity is in a class of its own (especially for SD tv owners like meSmile...)

So since you asked here are a few suggestions Smile

1)I and many others (as ive noticed lately) use unicode text so support for UTF-8 would be awesome..someone suggested the droid font on the Aeon forum section

2)on my 4:3 sony TV the fonts are a bit to small..cab there be an option for a bigger font? that would be cool

3)I noticed the lack of playback OSD and a file manager but i assume its coming later on?

Gotta go to sleep now but will play with it some more tomorrow..

Thx again for all the hard work you put into it..its really awesome

Zeltak

1. I don't quite follow what you want done here. Adding the droid font as an alternative to the standard fontset?

2. I think this would require a lot of re-designing to get everything to look good. I'm not saying I object to this, but I obviously want to get everything finished, then move onto big additions like the redux of all the fontsizes.

3. Playback OSD was broken because I forgot to flip the flagging on it. This should be fixed...although I can't find where that damned View: Foo label is hiding. I'll hunt for it tomorrow and pull that, but the OSD version should be fixed. and the download updated.

Waffa Wrote:APPLAUSE..!!!Nod
I'm speechless what a nice views.Big Grin
GUI is a little strange at the first time but you have to get the hang of it and it will guide you fast and nice thru your library and also change your view very easy. Like it.!!

Does run very well on the xbox exept did miss an overlay in more info view, but it's to early to make a report didn't test enough.

Thanks. I know you've been watching for this. Wink

Take me a screenshot, if you could, so I can see what you're talking about.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DOWNLOAD] Serenity (Beta) Skin0