• 2(current)
[DOWNLOAD] Serenity (Beta) Skin
Thank you for releasing it's really nice to see so many new skins becoming available. Good job BTW quite inspiring.
XBMCG33K Wrote:Thank you for releasing it's really nice to see so many new skins becoming available. Good job BTW quite inspiring.

Thanks a lot. Although, I can't take all the credit. I just tried to add my good ideas on top of the ones I'd already seen. If it weren't for skins like Focus, Aeon, and PMIII, I wouldn't have even had a clue as to where to start. Wink
Same goes for me man or Xperience wouldn't be getting built. Keep it up man so far so good Smile
Will there be an Xbox version?
This skin is unusable on anything below a 50 inch screen surely. I have just put it on a 22incher and am sat a few metres away and you cannot read a single thing. The fan art totally destoys any hope of reading the names of films on the left hand side.

Also navigation is really confusing, going left sort of takes you to the top line of menus, but sometimes does not, and I don;t know how but right made one movie play.

It looks really nice though, just a shame you cannot see any of the text.
digitalhigh Wrote:Thanks. I know you've been watching for this. Wink

Take me a screenshot, if you could, so I can see what you're talking about.

Don't Have the bug anymore, like I said didn't test enough.

It runs very wel on the Xbox. In music section on the xbox I'll see the cd cover in Windows not. Like to see more view types in music section.

In MediaStream I like the wall view very much.
garyi Wrote:This skin is unusable on anything below a 50 inch screen surely. I have just put it on a 22incher and am sat a few metres away and you cannot read a single thing. The fan art totally destoys any hope of reading the names of films on the left hand side.

Also navigation is really confusing, going left sort of takes you to the top line of menus, but sometimes does not, and I don;t know how but right made one movie play.

It looks really nice though, just a shame you cannot see any of the text.

Have you tried it in poster view with large info on? Still unreadable?

Regardless...I've been trying to figure out wtf I did with the sd cables for my xbox1. If I find them, I'll hook that beast up to a lil' tv and see if I can't address this visibility problem.

As far as the navigation goes...where does pressing left not take you to the top?
Waffa Wrote:In MediaStream I like the wall view very much.

Mods are welcome. Wink
theophile Wrote:EEK!

Can someone Mediafire this? The domain is blocked by my filter!

Hmm, shouldn't be blocked but if it is you can try this URL as well.
http://iamkizer.ipower.com/xbmc/serenity/dlpage.html#

For some odd reason at work they blocked iamkizer.net, but not iamkizer.ipower.com Wink That is how I normally get around it.
kizer Wrote:Hmm, shouldn't be blocked but if it is you can try this URL as well.
http://iamkizer.ipower.com/xbmc/serenity/dlpage.html#

For some odd reason at work they blocked iamkizer.net, but not iamkizer.ipower.com Wink That is how I normally get around it.

Yeah, if you guys who had DNS problems could confirm that this is a fix, please let me know. At the rate I update stuff, it's kind of a hindrance to me to have to upload to iamkizer and then to mediafire every time I want to update the build. Would be much better if we just fixed the problem. Wink
I know it works well where I work and they are super security bonkers. I would go through all the trouble of trying to fight that domain block, but I wouldn't know where to even begin to be honest. Worst case digitalhigh I'd change that to what I posted to get around it.
Hi digitalhigh, I should point out I am running this on an AppleTV so perhaps there is compatibility issues.

Suffice to say the controls did not behave as expected.
garyi Wrote:This skin is unusable on anything below a 50 inch screen surely. I have just put it on a 22incher and am sat a few metres away and you cannot read a single thing.
This isn't really a fair assessment. First of all, the proper viewing distance for any display is approximately 2x the diagonal measurement of the screen. Once you go to a higher resolution though, this measurement gets even smaller. So the optimum viewing distance for a 22" display would be (at the most) 44" which is less than 1.5 meters. You must have remarkable eye site to read any text on that display at 3 meters.
garyi Wrote:Hi digitalhigh, I should point out I am running this on an AppleTV so perhaps there is compatibility issues.

Suffice to say the controls did not behave as expected.

I've had a fair amount of testing done on ATV with successful results. It is possible that a section somewhere is missing the left command for the menus.

And I've also been told that the interface can be a tad confusing at first, but quite intuitive once you get the hang of it. What exactly are you having problems with?

Quote:This isn't really a fair assessment. First of all, the proper viewing distance for any display is approximately 2x the diagonal measurement of the screen. Once you go to a higher resolution though, this measurement gets even smaller. So the optimum viewing distance for a 22" display would be (at the most) 44" which is less than 1.5 meters. You must have remarkable eye site to read any text on that display at 3 meters.

LOL...I was wondering about this. I do most of my dev work on a PC with 21" monitor (1024x768) running XBMC in windowed mode. I know PC has higher resolution than TV, but even this small, I've never had legibility problems.

@smcnally75 - I am curious as to what you think of the skin considering your involved work in Stark. Wink
Well if we carry through my problem to the logical conclusion, I am using an Apple TV, where did a computer monitor come into this?

Is serenity designed to be used on a computer with the user sat in a computer chair watching a film at 50cm distance?

Its not how I enjoy films. I enjoy films on a lazy bank holiday monday morning in my bed watching a 22inch TV at the end of the bed.

Let me tell you at that distance Media Stream is fine, and so is PHD, Serenity is unusable and unreadable, not so much because of the fonts but because the fan art is behind the fonts and if the fan art is near the colour of the font you are stuffed, I would imagine this to be the case if you are sat 2 inches from the screen.

That being said I did not try the various options mentioned so I will check it out.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DOWNLOAD] Serenity (Beta) Skin0