• 5(current)
[DOWNLOAD] Serenity (Beta) Skin
I've got a question. I downloaded the original beta release and just updated yesterday. In the original beta, there was a "screen" behind the list of (for example) TV Shows which made the background darker behind the list so the font could be read. This seems to have been lost in yesterday's version. Now, the text is invisible if there is white fanart showing.

Was this intentional or is it a problem with my system?
theophile Wrote:I've got a question. I downloaded the original beta release and just updated yesterday. In the original beta, there was a "screen" behind the list of (for example) TV Shows which made the background darker behind the list so the font could be read. This seems to have been lost in yesterday's version. Now, the text is invisible if there is white fanart showing.

Was this intentional or is it a problem with my system?

Not intentional, or a problem with your system. I'll take a look when I get a chance later tonight and fix it.
here's a really compressed version of Serenity media images.. not very pretty at 1080p (little blocky) but it's way smaller
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kzwmmn2k53...pressed.7z
A few minor fixes, a few additions

Fixed - "Add Content" menu fonts not showing up properly
Fixed - Context Menu animation left text hanging
Fixed - Video/TV libraries now start out in show/movies right away.
Fixed - Episode thumbnail in listmode wasn't showing up yet.
Updated - Added most recent list of studios from Fernferret's site
Fixed - "Pixar" studio always shows up as "Disney" because...meh.

Updated - Extra Media Images now use skin flags...no more need to guess whether or not they're there. The images also auto-configure themselves based on what pix are available...meaning no more weird hanging images.

If they're not present, then the director info will display. This hasn't been done for TV shows *yet*. I'm working on it.

Updated - Added EPISODE-LEVEL fanart support for TV shows. This means that when browsing eps in library, the skin will display a season-specific fanart image if one is set. All you need to do is save that fanart image to the season folder you want it to show up for under the filename "fanart.jpg". Serenity will do the rest.
Fixed: Background for TV lists was missing

Fixed: Track time/number overlaps year/date in movie view

Added: Search button for movie/tv library

Changed: Keyboard Dialogue position for search
Okay...a nice little addition.

Episode-level fanart, using screenshots from that TV episode for the backdrop. Makes for one cool fanart view. For now, it has to be done episode-by-episode, but I think that once we get things fine-tuned, there should be an automated method available.

Using MIP, select an episode, then go to tools -> create thumbnail for episode. This allows for higher-rez generation of thumbnail images, as well as grabbing of fullscreen thumbs.

Personally, I think it's a very cool feature. Wink
And here's what the updated gui to pick those (using MIP) will look like tomorrow, i tweaked it abit and gave more options for picking the image.

just tried the episode level stuff in Serenity.. killer!!!!

it does work better with better source media, 720p has better images, but even without that, it's freakin cool stuff. (and freaky too with the show Bones)
You know, in the 80's, they used to say that the day a black man took office, pigs would fly. Well, it may be 100 days late, but we can now officially say..."Swine Flu".

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Okay, with that bit of ridiculousness aside...

I have some treats for you. One...subversion. It sounds like a better and better idea, and, after playing with it, I think it's a lot friendlier than making you re-download the skin every day for one or two changes.

So, here's the repository link:

http://code.google.com/p/xbmcserenity/source/browse/

I *think* I've got it going properly. At least it's working from my end of things.

Two, fresh screenshots to show you exactly how effing cool the episode fanart looks.

So, check it out. Literally.
DH ..
in case you need some TV network logos .. i found this site
http://blog.guifx.com/category/downloads/network-logos/
Radikaltimes Wrote:DH ..
in case you need some TV network logos .. i found this site
http://blog.guifx.com/category/downloads/network-logos/

Thanks for that. However, all of my images are from high-rez vector logos. I've only got 48 ATM, but I also haven't had any requests for any other networks. If there are, I'm happy to oblige...

Big Grin

http://www.vectorlogos.com
http://www.brandsoftheworld.com

Incredibly useful. Wink
you skin looks great .. too bad my wife ...gets lost trying to use it .. so is back to mediastream for this household..

keep up the good work.
Radikaltimes Wrote:you skin looks great .. too bad my wife ...gets lost trying to use it .. so is back to mediastream for this household..

keep up the good work.

What confuses her? Anything I can do to help wife-ify it? I've got a slightly technophobic gf myself, so I'm always open to any suggestions you might have...
will have her create the 10 pages list and get back to you ..LOL j/k
i will ask her tonight .... have in mind she gets frustrated doing copy and paste ... so very well be .. nothing to do with the skin .. but .. i have to keep her happy Smile

thank you
Radikaltimes Wrote:will have her create the 10 pages list and get back to you ..LOL j/k
i will ask her tonight .... have in mind she gets frustrated doing copy and paste ... so very well be .. nothing to do with the skin .. but .. i have to keep her happy Smile

thank you

Please do...I'm always interested in feedback.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DOWNLOAD] Serenity (Beta) Skin0