Serenity Feature Requests and Mods
nah changing hold left and right to pageup/down does nothing. Just sees it as a normal leftor right press. Ah well worth a try
fekker Wrote:the add source is too light for my screen, can you darken that sucker some?

when adding a source, i can't go right / left to select the type

my tv shows season fanart doesn't appear yet Smile

Fixed...see if that's more to your liking.

fekker Wrote:one more for ya.. can ya make the mouse pointer bigger (or just tell me what to mod to make it bigger)

The pointer-xxx.png files are the ones you need to change.

theophile Wrote:I've got an easy one. I think.

In the TV episodes view, you can scroll down the list of episodes, and press right to get the breakout info window. Since there is no episode fanart, I would like an option that causes that breakout window to appear automatically and instantly when scrolling down the list of episodes, so I can see the episode thumb for each as I scroll.

In other words, I'd like a thumbnail view mode. :-)

I have added better functionality for the episode thumbnail images.

2-7offsuit Wrote:Is there anyway to customize the shortcuts on the home screen? I'd like movies to just go straight to Movies and skip the the by Title, Genre, etc screen. It might be cool to have those on the drop down though.

The buttons now default to show/movie view...I'll work on something better asap.
digitalhigh: Now i'll admit yes, i am that loser that posts a request without checking it first, but I'm wondering if Serenity supports the 16x9 style of banner display for Shows?

I'll check it later tonight when I'm back at my desktop, but just curious.

Thanks for all your work!
--FF
FernFerret Wrote:digitalhigh: Now i'll admit yes, i am that loser that posts a request without checking it first, but I'm wondering if Serenity supports the 16x9 style of banner display for Shows?

I'll check it later tonight when I'm back at my desktop, but just curious.

Thanks for all your work!
--FF

You talking about really big episode thumbnails, or the wide icons for TV shows?

There is an option to choose between wide icons and poster images already.

As far as fullscreen episode images...don't tell anybody, but yes, it's in the works. Fekker and I are coming up with a way for MIP to auto-create fullsize screenshots which will then be displayed as the fanart when in episode-level view.
ok new ep thumbs are done in mip 2890 .. will be created and sized to 720x480 (so no more aweful looking tv episode thumbs. Big Grin .. it's slow and ya have to create for each show, but that's the price of beauty right now ..

the ep fanart is also in there, done as the same time (see, saving time already).. now lets hope i got the naming convention correct for those to work.. s1e2.jpg (example)
1280x720 size for ep fanart

time offset is thumb, fanart, thumb, fanart, etc.. so they will be different images.. 5 of each style are loaded in the dialog for selection.. top have is the episode thumbnail (text doesn't appear for some reason).. bottom half is the ep fanart part.. pick, click, say ok.. standard mip click to pick type deal for image selection.
Is Matroska chapter support a possibility? It would be great to see the chapter markers on the timeline with name labels, or something like that.
theophile Wrote:Is Matroska chapter support a possibility? It would be great to see the chapter markers on the timeline with name labels, or something like that.

I can definitely look into it when I get home from work tonight. Wink
2-7offsuit Wrote:How about an update feature? Some way to notify and update the skin from within XBMC. It would be especially helpful while your trying to fix bugs to make sure people have the most up to date version before reporting them.

Or maybe just attaching a version number to each build? I can't ever tell if I'm up to date!
2-7offsuit Wrote:Or maybe just attaching a version number to each build? I can't ever tell if I'm up to date!

I know, I know...I'm very disorganized when it comes to stuff like that. Changing the rev # = changing the filename = changing the link on the site = pain in the butt when you're uploading five/six times a day.

TBH, there is an RSS feed now avail via the Serenity site, although I don't know exactly how to get it to go ATM...my friend who made the site is working on modifying the T3Ch updater script to work on Serenity, the hope is to have that working soon and implemented so that updating is fully automatic.

Until then, you can check here for posts on when I update things. Anytime I do anything significant, I make it a point to post here and notify people so there is at least *some* kind of a heads up. I'll try to start updating the first post as well so that you don't have to scan through pages to find out what's been fixed/added/changed. Hell, I'll try to take everything I've done and make up some kind of changelog as well, put that on the main page.

Regardless, the one link is always the most updated version available. Sorry bout the confusion tho... Confused
That's why God invented subversion. Cool
theophile Wrote:That's why God invented subversion. Cool

I have tortoiseSVN installed, but I use it rather infrequently. Perhaps I should do some homework on the subject...it's just that I have so many things I want to do and so little time in which to do them...

Rolleyes
I guess this is the place to add requests....

When playing music and the visualization is playing, is there a way to keep
the menu and clock / weather (at top of picture) and the album cover and info (bottom of picture) on screen? After a few minutes they vanish and only the visualization is still there. Could it be configured to stay there indefinately unless you clicked it off? I know with Mediastream there is an option to keep the OSD on screen.

Also, when in the music section, is there a view where the album covers can display in rows, like 5 across and 4 down or some configuration of this?
I can't seem to be able to get to any other views than 'List' and when I push the right button to get to context menu (or try to find other views), it brings up the Artists, Songs, and so on...

I'm a slow reader and and the album covers are much nicer to look at.

Lastly (sorry) at times when looking through the TV episodes and pressing on the right button to see a description of the episode, there is no 'shaded backdrop' behind the description making it hard to read.

I 'found' this skin yesterday and really like it.

BTW - I am using an ATV and the remote is very limited.
The font of the op top home menu I don't like http://s620.photobucket.com/albums/tt289...etest2.jpg . Maybe smaller and other font there would be prettier and the background on top could be darker. And I would also prefer to choose between horizontal and vertical home menu.

And I would like this view of Dirtchamber a project that wasn't finished Image

Jezz_X Wrote:Yeah looks real nice I like this view lots http://s620.photobucket.com/albums/tt289...leview.jpg
I agree this is my favorite view.

Good luck with making the skin
Hey all!

Thanks for the continued interest. As of right now, I have no time to work on the skin. I have a full-time job, 2-year old son, and also sing for a band. However, this winter promises another 3-4 month period in which I can hunker down and re-do this baby.

So, expect good things come November...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Serenity Feature Requests and Mods0