• 1(current)
Change is coming...
Full:

Slim:

Onion skin:

Options:

Is Aeon final coming out on April 15th or I am thinking of something else?

Thanks
TC Big Grin
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
When I saw your TV Show mock ups I had a great idea for Movies in a very similar style (of course I didn't have the skills to make it a reality) so I'm really pleased to see this.
Awesome! I assume this is in addition to existing views/layouts, or are these replacing some existing ones?
It looks like a new list view
very nice Smile
Heimkino: LCD: Philips 47PFL7403D ~ Input: Playstation 3, XBOX 360, No-Name DVD-Player ~ Verstärker: Denon AVR-1906 @ 7.0
HTPC: OrigenAE S14V silber ~ LG GGC-H20L ~ 4GB-KIT DDR2 MDT ~ Seasonic S12II ~ WD Caviar GreenPower 2TB ~ Scythe Shuriken ~ AMD Phenom II X3 710 AM3 ~ GA-MA78GPM-DS2H @780G
TYPO3 Hilfe: blog.ingeniumdesign.de
I'm guessing this view is the new list view for movies & TV?

i like the full view the mostNod

how would it look with out the background bar and the shadows, then add some shading under the icons..
I couldn't help but notice the fanart doesn't match the movies.is this in files mode?
The black panel version is going. The reasons being:

- it looks like it belongs in a different skin
- the texture's not very nice
- it obscures the artwork more than necessary
- it's a bad use of screen space

This, meanwhile:

- will join Showcase in creating a more seamless browsing experience
- doesn't shut out the fanart as much
- looks better
In a few of the other pictures DJH_ posted the fanart doesn't match the movie. I believe this is just because DJH_ prefers to have the matching fanart only come up with the info page. So, it is an option in library mode.

I had always thought that list view looked a little out of place.. this looks fantastic, DJH!
kruykaze Wrote:I couldn't help but notice the fanart doesn't match the movies.is this in files mode?

I don't use fanart. It'll support it like any view, though.

Oh, and the scrollbar comes in from the left hand side when you need it.
Wow! Very nice! I can't wait for AEON Final! Looking better and better djh_!

Just a question, do/will these views support studio art?

--FF
FernFerret Wrote:Just a question, do/will these views support studio art?

It doesn't look like it and to be honest I think they're better off on the info screen.
Next updates looking very sweet djh_

Can't wait! Smile
djh_ Wrote:The black panel version is going. The reasons being:

- it looks like it belongs in a different skin
- the texture's not very nice
- it obscures the artwork more than necessary
- it's a bad use of screen space

This, meanwhile:

- will join Showcase in creating a more seamless browsing experience
- doesn't shut out the fanart as much
- looks better

I was very skeptical about this change just by looking at the screenshots, but now I understand your reasons... It always bugged me that in list view (which I use more) the movies list was so short and now it shows more movies.

The reason I was skeptical is because I'm like you, I don't really care about fanart but I actually don't like any kind of custom backdrop unless I'm in the main menu. And you made this change to show more of the fanart, for people that don't use it, it will show more about the custom (or default) backdrop it seems...

Do the people that use list view really care about fanart or maybe they just care about the movies listing? Maybe you could do a listview where it's only that, a listview. Something like PM3.HD, it has a menu and a file list and that's it. Almost no background wasting space. Of course, I really like how the top menu is presented and hidden in Aeon. I also like the extra info you add to the movies list and the poster, it looks great... It's just that tiny detail, that the custom backdrops I use are still there and it still is a bad use of screen space in my opinion because I'm in file mode, I don't care about what's on the background. You see what I mean?

Maybe this is just me and this is just a suggestion, don't take it as bad critic. I like what you've done here, it looks really great, it's just the background that I don't care (never did unless in the start menu or views that really show it off like showcase) it still shows in the file mode.

Sorry for such a long post...
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change is coming...0