Indexing and flagging offline removable USB / ESATA / FIREWIRE harddrives in library?
Lightbulb 
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but is ther a way to buffer/download the whole movie and then play it in "offline mode" (ex. sitting on a plane)
Unless there's a script that enables it, you have to copy it manually using ssh or some other means to get the file on the iPad.
(2011-01-20, 15:38)RXP91 Wrote: I've got an idea to use a SATA dock and multiple hard-drives to store my movie library. I see no point in having 10tb of space constantly up when I just mostly watch TV shows, so I'm dismantling my file server and keeping only 2tb of space constantly available.

My idea is to have all my movies on my old drives but not plugged into anything. Then I browse them in XBMC and when I want to play one it'll tell me to "insert disk X" and play. Is there any plugin available to do this?

Thanks for any advice guys.

Hi,

I have installed XBMC Eden ONLY for this purpose. Can anybody guide me to a decent step by step tutorial to create a library of movies / offline DVD collection where the files are not stored in the same machine as XBMC?

TIA
(2012-06-03, 07:32)koolpal Wrote:
(2011-01-20, 15:38)RXP91 Wrote: I've got an idea to use a SATA dock and multiple hard-drives to store my movie library. I see no point in having 10tb of space constantly up when I just mostly watch TV shows, so I'm dismantling my file server and keeping only 2tb of space constantly available.

My idea is to have all my movies on my old drives but not plugged into anything. Then I browse them in XBMC and when I want to play one it'll tell me to "insert disk X" and play. Is there any plugin available to do this?

Thanks for any advice guys.

Hi,

I have installed XBMC Eden ONLY for this purpose. Can anybody guide me to a decent step by step tutorial to create a library of movies / offline DVD collection where the files are not stored in the same machine as XBMC?

TIA

Bump!
(2012-06-03, 07:32)koolpal Wrote: Hi,

TIA

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Disc_stub
Not a step by step tutorial but it should have all the information.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Indexing and flagging offline removable USB / ESATA / FIREWIRE harddrives in library?1