Good Web Based Metadata?
So I've read through the forums, and looked at the wiki, but I can't seem to figure out how to get studio tags, and other such iconic information (I believe this is called flagging). Can anyone help me figure this out?

And on another note, can someone tell me why XBMC doesn't scrape from tmdb, as it seems to be one of the bests for fanart? I'd like to avoid storing .nfo's, but it seems like XBMC's scraping abilities are pretty limited.
pretty limited?

- scraping ~ 15 diff backends for movies (including tmdb fyi)
- scraping ~ 3 diff backends for tvshows (and easily extended)
- scraping 4 diff backends for albums (and just as easily extended)

show me another app with the same capabilities.
Well then my mistake. But when I set content for my movie folder, I don't see tmdb as an option, so I just assumed it wasn't supported. And thanks for setting the record straight, but this just means that there is some problem with my library. I just looked at Back to the Future on tmdb, and it has a high quality poster and 3 fanarts. But in my library, the only poster available says "Retour vers li Futur", is terrible quality, and has only 1 fanart. Any suggestions on how to improve the end result?
All of the media flag information is discussed in THIS thread. You couldn't have looked too hard...Doing a search for "media flag" brought it right up Wink XBMC does scrape fanart from TMDB, and I believe that even if you have it set to scrape from IMDB that it still looks at TMDB for fanart. The key is to name your files properly. I find that naming them as close to the IMDB name as possible works best (e.g. "Back to the Future (1985).iso")
scraper settings, then disable the activated backend, then enable the other one. it has fewer thumbs but won't give you those localized ones (i *think* movieposterdb is the troublesome one). or switch to the tmdb scraper. if it isn't available your xbmc version is outdated. in any case you can always do 'get thumb' and choose one you want
Just a thought: I don't believe TMDB was available with Atlantis (site didn't exist at the time), so if you are not using a recent build, its probably not an available scraper. Usually its at the bottom of the scraper list (alphabetical).

A couple important notes on the media tagging: Right now, its not implemented in the core, so its skin dependent. Aeon Stark is probably the best attempt at an implementation right now, but it does require that you either use a tool like MediaInfoPlus (MIP) to pre-scrape and build your NFO files or you rename your files in a specific format recognized by the skin. There is another skin in development called Serenity that has similar abilities and similar requirements.
OK, well thanks for clearing up the media flagging stuff.

As for tmdb scraper: OK, I understand now. I had gotten xbmc from the download page of xbmc.org, and that was 8.10, but you guys are saying that I should use 9.04, is that correct? I'll try that when I get home then and see what happens. Thanks to all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Good Web Based Metadata?0