What to do with Music Videos
Hmmmm.
Not TV, nor a Movie, and there doesn't seem to be the facility in Music to play music videos.

What do you do?
The library already supports Music Videos. Could it just be added to the home screen?
hummm I have quite a few music videos, I'm going to try adding a Music Video tab to the main menu and see what happens, that's not a bad idea at all.
I just use the submenu mod and under Music I have "Music Vids" as well as "Live Vids" for concert videos. Then just use files mode and place the videos by artist - it works great.

Gotta love YouTube's HD feature by the way - a simple download bookmarklet gives you hundreds of music videos and performances! Smile
jtap06 Wrote:I just use the submenu mod and under Music I have "Music Vids" as well as "Live Vids" for concert videos. Then just use files mode and place the videos by artist - it works great.

Gotta love YouTube's HD feature by the way - a simple download bookmarklet gives you hundreds of music videos and performances! Smile

Hey jtap, can you share how you added the custom Music Vids and Live Vids to the submenu? I just installed the submod pack and am not sure the next step. Did you do it by adding a customize script or plug-in?

TIA
I want so badly for there to be an easy way to use music videos in XBMC. But so far i havent come across one. I prefer not to use a submenu mod.

And, i try to stay away from file mode.

Does anyone know if there are any plans to integrate music videos into XBMC a little better?
PilGrim Wrote:Hey jtap, can you share how you added the custom Music Vids and Live Vids to the submenu? I just installed the submod pack and am not sure the next step. Did you do it by adding a customize script or plug-in?

TIA

Sure, it's not really a custom script though, just basically copied the code and changed it to point to the video files folder.

Quote: <item id="42">
<visible>Container(300).HasFocus(1)</visible>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(sub_music_Playlists)</visible>
<description>Playlists</description>
<label>MUSIC VIDS</label>
<onclick>Skin.Reset(submenu)</onclick>
<onclick>xbmc.activatewindow(MyVideoFiles,ENTER SOURCE NAME)</onclick>
</item>

I just put that code under Music where the rest of the music submenu items are (Genres, Artists, etc.) Like I said, I use the files mode for videos so all I did was add my music video folder as the source. Simple as that!

I just group the videos by artists by adding each music video to a corresponding artist folder. If you add fanart and folder/video thumbs it looks and works pretty slick!
Thanks for this. I'll have a look at that code later.

Cool
jtap06 Wrote:I just put that code under Music where the rest of the music submenu items are (Genres, Artists, etc.) Like I said, I use the files mode for videos so all I did was add my music video folder as the source. Simple as that!

I just group the videos by artists by adding each music video to a corresponding artist folder. If you add fanart and folder/video thumbs it looks and works pretty slick!

Hey Jtap, would you mind posting or sending me the xml files you altered so I can compare. I can make the edits, but don't know the xml enough to figure out the missing parts. Looks like more than one change needs to be made to enable to turn off / on in the customize menu.

I really want to get this setup as it is the only thing really holding me back from XBMC.

TIA!!!
ethan_9219 Wrote:Does anyone know if there are any plans to integrate music videos into XBMC a little better?
How better?
The default PMIII and PM3.HD skins support them just fine (both in the music and video libraries)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:How better?
The default PMIII and PM3.HD skins support them just fine (both in the music and video libraries)

Well, i don't know if i mean 'better' as such....I guess i'm talking more specifically in Aeon, and having a music videos item on the home screen.

So, yes, i know the music video DB works, and NFO's can be created etc.

But i guess what i meant when i made that statement was that where do i put them? Sure, library mode works for them, right? But, do i put them in music, in the clips section, the videos section? But, to answer you, i think i have no answer as you are correct in saying that they work perfectly fine as is.
ethan_9219 Wrote:Well, i don't know if i mean 'better' as such....I guess i'm talking more specifically in Aeon, and having a music videos item on the home screen.

So, yes, i know the music video DB works, and NFO's can be created etc.

But i guess what i meant when i made that statement was that where do i put them? Sure, library mode works for them, right? But, do i put them in music, in the clips section, the videos section? But, to answer you, i think i have no answer as you are correct in saying that they work perfectly fine as is.

For me the issue is custom menu options. I have used meedio for years and I want mine to be the following:

Main menu: Music
Sub Menus: Video Singles, DVD Concerts, Mp3 Library

The submenu mod gets close, but need to figure out how to tweak to get what Jtap has described. I would be fine is an enter on the main music menu got me to the mp3 collection and then the sub menu had a video singles and video concert option. I would even want the same on TV Shows as I currently have separate menu items for TV shows, Documentaries, and Travel Shows, Kids Shows
I know there is still work to be done on the music videos section as per djh_:

djh_ Wrote:Music videos is something I never really dedicated much time to. I'll have a closer look before long.

but is this List view an issue for Auriga or is it something on my end - all that displays is the video year while in List mode:

While in Showcase it seems fine:

All is fine in other skins...

Thanks,
-stoli-
I tried adding the music videos into the TV Show section.

I figuring I could treat it as:
Show Name=Music Videos, Season 1=Band Name 1, Season 2= Band Name 2, etc.....
I would put all the bands videos under Band Name 1, 2, etc..... Or, the menu would structure as:
Music Videos->> Band Name->> Songs (videos)

This way I could keep them somewhat organized and hopefully make the TV Show section 'think' this was just another TV show.

I added a source and set the content as 'music video', I then scanned them into the TV Show section but, they did not show up in Library mode (only in File mode).... They did show up in the Movies section though (in Library mode)....

I have not found a good way to do this yet (other than using File mode).

I do not want them showing in the Movies Library, and do not want to use File mode to access them..... what to do...
JDizzy Wrote:. what to do...

Indeed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What to do with Music Videos0