Compile errors on VDPAU.cpp
Hi,

I just checked out the lastest SVN branch for Linux and I get stuck with this error:

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/local/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video'
/usr/bin/ccache g++ -MD -c -O2 -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -D_LINUX -D_FILE_DEFINED -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DINSTALL_PATH="\"/opt/xbmc/share/xbmc\"" -DHAS_SDL_JOYSTICK -DHAS_XRANDR -DHAS_PCRE -D'SVN_REV="19467"' -DDLL_PATH_LIBCURL="\"/usr/lib64/libcurl.so\"" -I. -I../../ -I../../../ffmpeg -I../../../../ -I../../../../linux -I../../../../../guilib -DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -I/usr/include/hal -DHAS_PULSEAUDIO -DHAS_AVAHI -I/usr/include/lzo VDPAU.cpp -o VDPAU.o
VDPAU.cpp: In member function ‘int CVDPAU::ConfigVDPAU(AVCodecContext*, int)’:
VDPAU.cpp:651: error: invalid conversion from ‘uint32_t’ to ‘VdpDecoder*’
VDPAU.cpp:651: error: too many arguments to function
VDPAU.cpp: In member function ‘void CVDPAU:TonguerePresent(AVCodecContext*, AVFrame*)’:
VDPAU.cpp:883: warning: unused variable ‘time’
make[1]: *** [VDPAU.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/local/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video'
make: *** [dvdplayer] Error 2

I am running Ubunti 8.10, x86_64, with Nvidia drivers 180.11.

The existing binary in the repo runs one of my CPU cores at 100% and has serious playback and sound issues (often requiring a reboot). Other media players have no issues and both cores are 2.4 Ghz so there shouldn't be an issue playing back video.

Does anyone have any input on this? I tried using newer drivers from Nvidia but they don't seem to come with appropriate devel libraries (configure complains about libGL not being there). I undid all that and am back to the same error I was getting before.

Thanks,

-rr
Moved to own thread where it belongs...

Please don't ask your questions at the end of disgustingly long threads that have nothing to do with your topic.
Quote:with Nvidia drivers 180.11

Are you serious? You need 180.37 *minimum*, and pref. 185.13++. The drivers install fine straight out of the NVIDIA install script, or you could use one of several repos for the later drivers. I'm amazed it worked at all with 180.11 so i can live with the fact that it crashed a bit!
motd2k Wrote:Are you serious? You need 180.37 *minimum*, and pref. 185.13++. The drivers install fine straight out of the NVIDIA install script, or you could use one of several repos for the later drivers. I'm amazed it worked at all with 180.11 so i can live with the fact that it crashed a bit!

Hello,

Well, I downloaded 185.19 and ran the installer. Afterwards, I got an error about mismatch of kernel api, blah blah. So I fixed that with dkms, ran the install again and X came up fine.

However, configure at that point complained that libGL wasn't installed. I checked, it was there, but obviously something was broke. I tried this several times until I had to run the -uninstall option to the Nvidia shar, and then force re-installation of 180.11 via apt.

How did you get your drivers to install overtop of the ubuntu supported ones?

-rr
You should remove the ubuntu ones first
althekiller Wrote:Moved to own thread where it belongs...

Please don't ask your questions at the end of disgustingly long threads that have nothing to do with your topic.

This is my first post here and I get a smack down by a dev?

Nice attitude. That makes me really wanna pour through annoyingly cryptic header files looking for function call signature mismatches for various versions of a driver in order to find out what's wrong or submit a patch.

Besides, this particular thread was discussing vdpau and performance.

I'll gladly create/make new threads for these things from now on.

-rr
motd2k Wrote:You should remove the ubuntu ones first

Thanks!

I'll deactivate the stuff from the distro repository and try it again. I got an error about other package prerequisites when I tried that last, but I'll tinker with it to get them uninstalled before I try the new drivers again.

It'll have to wait until tomorrow. I'll post a response one I have tried it.

-rr
Rest assured, if a user had got to it first you'd have got the same treatment Wink. Just doing my mod duties trying to keep the forums sane.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compile errors on VDPAU.cpp0