[HELP] Standby on PC and XBMC Remote
My first question may not even be skin specific, but it's somewhat related to the second question. Can I have XBMC standby the Windows machine it's running on? I noticed that the default skin in recent builds came with multiple shutdown options: one to close XBMC and one to shut down the computer. I would love to have the option to do all three: Close XBMC, Shutdown Computer, and Standby.

My second question has to do with the XBMC application for the iPhone/iPod Touch. I used to use the mouse to control XBMC from bed, but since Aeon is Keyboard/Remote only I have found this mobile app to be quite useful. The only thing it can't seem to do is bring up the shutdown menu (when you press 'S'.) Does anyone have a workaround? At this point all I can do is just navigate to the Shutdown shortcut, but I still need to get up and walk to the computer to turn it off. Assuming that there is a solution to my first question, I'd like to be able to Standby from the XBMC Remote as well.
I really do bellive you should post this questions in another
forum since most of them has nothing to do with skins, only offcourse the part about shutdown options.

There are also a good amount of posts allready started regarding suspend functionallity.
Hello
at the begining, I did bind a command to stanby the pc via xbmc, but I often had some bad surprise at the wake (it used to act as if had press enter or select 2 or 3 times)
Now, I use eventghost and I just binded a command to standby windows directly.
Much more efficient indeed

I can't help for iPhone, sorry Smile
Imaginos Wrote:Hello
at the begining, I did bind a command to stanby the pc via xbmc, but I often had some bad surprise at the wake (it used to act as if had press enter or select 2 or 3 times)
Now, I use eventghost and I just binded a command to standby windows directly.
Much more efficient indeed

I can't help for iPhone, sorry Smile
Thank you, Imaginos. I'll keep eventghost in my search parameters.

The-Boxhead Wrote:I really do bellive you should post this questions in another
forum since most of them has nothing to do with skins, only offcourse the part about shutdown options.

There are also a good amount of posts allready started regarding suspend functionallity.
Thanks, Box. I thought that this might be skin specific as I wasn't sure if Aeon was just leaving out some of the power options I was asking about. I did search around for this, but I think you just gave me the key word: suspend. I've been searching for standby, but maybe suspend and sleep will give me more success.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HELP] Standby on PC and XBMC Remote0