Microsoft Wireless Gaming Receiver For Windows and 360 Universal Remote Control
Hi there. Long time reader, first time errrr poster.
I have spent heaps of time researching my setup, and after bumping my head against the wall with EventGhost and IrServer, I figure my next step is to ask for help.
I have the two components listed and was wondering if they do play nicely with XBMC? I can't seem to get EG to recognize any commands coming from the remote.
I have followed the more than helpful tuts but get the impressiont hat I am missing something(and will prob bang my head when I realize it was something simple)
Any help/pointers would be great!

thanks!

Hmm you are trying to use these together? The remote need an ir receiver. This this is a RF receiver. you can bang your head all day. These are 2 different technologies.
See! Now excuse me while I run off to bang my head on something.
Any suggestions on a decent IR receiver to use with the 360 remote?
velvetpants Wrote:See! Now excuse me while I run off to bang my head on something.
Any suggestions on a decent IR receiver to use with the 360 remote?

Use an Xbox 360 controller with that receiver! I love the feel of an Xbox controller with XBMC.
Personally I have no idea. I ( and a lot of others in here) use a Microsoft RC6 remote with the ir sensor that comes with it. There are lots of other options i think though. If no one chimes in just browse around the forums searching for remotes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Microsoft Wireless Gaming Receiver For Windows and 360 Universal Remote Control0