Live 810.2 Beta1 Install latest SVN PPA with VDPAU helper.
Did you install nvidia-180-libvdpau and the 185.19 Nvidia driver and yes you need to set that mem in the bios to 512.

And yes from the main home menu settings - video - player render method needs to be set to vdpau.

You need to follow the guide line for line and make sure the second upgrade is sudo apt-get dist-upgrade, that is what will install the latest svn ppa with vdpau option.

good luck,

Dave
Thank you very much for the manual!!

Just a few more "sudo"'s I had to do extra to make it work for me (at step 18 and 26)

VDPAU is working, cause the Killa sample has dropped only 11 frames and running smooth!Laugh

BUT... 90% of my HD movies are encoded in VC1 and are not running smooth, it doesn't say it's dropping frames, but the image isn't as smooth as with my popcorn-hour a100... tried playing with the 24p and other image enhancing settings on my Panasonic 42PZ85, but doesn't do anything good for me.

Is it normal I have to switch between Analog en Digital on my receiver every time the source of the movie is different? Also not used to do that on my popcorn-hour.

Am I missing something here? Codec?

I'm running Live 810.2 Beta1 with the 185.19 nvidia driver and latest Alsa drivers on a P4 3Ghz with 1GB Ramm. Playing the Killa sample it was using less then 20% cpu. GPU = 9400GT Silent with 512MB.
ReMuZ Wrote:Thank you very much for the manual!!

Just a few more "sudo"'s I had to do extra to make it work for me (at step 18 and 26)

VDPAU is working, cause the Killa sample has dropped only 11 frames and running smooth!Laugh

BUT... 90% of my HD movies are encoded in VC1 and are not running smooth, it doesn't say it's dropping frames, but the image isn't as smooth as with my popcorn-hour a100... tried playing with the 24p and other image enhancing settings on my Panasonic 42PZ85, but doesn't do anything good for me.

Is it normal I have to switch between Analog en Digital on my receiver every time the source of the movie is different? Also not used to do that on my popcorn-hour.

Am I missing something here? Codec?

I'm running Live 810.2 Beta1 with the 185.19 nvidia driver and latest Alsa drivers on a P4 3Ghz with 1GB Ramm. Playing the Killa sample it was using less then 20% cpu. GPU = 9400GT Silent with 512MB.

When you are watching an HD Movie and you hit play on your remote, the details of the movie with pop up at the top of the screen and in one of the lines I think the third one down you will see vc1_vdpau encoded I believe. Make sure it says this, also when at the same time you can hit your home button on the remote and that will pop up the playback control on there you can set some vdpau features as well as other, you may want to try that as well. check your bios and make sure all you video ram is allowed to the video card.

Are you running spdif or hdmi audio, you may want to look into an .asoundrc file for your system, you should not have to switch it at all, although I am not sure what rcvr you have search the forums for .asoundrc and you will find a couple to test out.

Dave
i was still disgusted by my 60 dropped frames on killa

i can only assume the 8200 can't quite handle it and since the motherboard shutsoff the hdmi when no monitor is detected rather than waiting
on a bios upgrade ordered a

GIGABYTE GV-N95TOC-1GI GeForce 9500 GT 1GB with the hdmi out
also it comes with the spdif passthrough so i will see if this gets me down
to less than 10 frames dropped
indianolajohn Wrote:i was still disgusted by my 60 dropped frames on killa

i can only assume the 8200 can't quite handle it and since the motherboard shutsoff the hdmi when no monitor is detected rather than waiting
on a bios upgrade ordered a

GIGABYTE GV-N95TOC-1GI GeForce 9500 GT 1GB with the hdmi out
also it comes with the spdif passthrough so i will see if this gets me down
to less than 10 frames dropped

I sometimes think that lottery tickets MAY be a cheaper hobby. Big Grin

Dave
rodercot

here is a couple of updates to get
Install
Update to latest Alsa
Update to latest Nvidia Driver 185.18.04 (Before anyone asks, yes, 185.18.04 is newer than 185.19.)
Update to nvidia-180-libvdpau

Code:
sudo gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv 2BBD133164234534
sudo gpg --export --armor 2BBD133164234534 | sudo apt-key add -
sudo gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv 6D975C4791E7EE5E
sudo gpg --export --armor 6D975C4791E7EE5E | sudo apt-key add -
sudo mkdir /var/log/apt/
sudo mkdir /boot

Code:
sudo apt-get update

Code:
sudo apt-get install wget

Code:
wget https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/branches/linuxport/XBMC/tools/XBMCLive/runXBMC.sh

Code:
cp /usr/bin/runXBMC.sh ~/runXBMC.sh.old

Code:
sudo cp ~/runXBMC.sh /usr/bin/runXBMC.sh

Code:
sudo apt-get upgrade
(Do not worry about the held back packages right now and do not run autoremove)

Code:
sudo vim /etc/apt/sources.list
(I use vim you can use whichever editor you like) paste the following two lines to the bottom of your sources.list file, then save and exit the file.

Code:
deb http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos release/
deb-src http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos release/
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/intrepid-ppa/ubuntu intrepid main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/intrepid-ppa/ubuntu intrepid main

Code:
sudo apt-get update

Code:
sudo apt-get install nvidia-180-libvdpau

14. cd ~

Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-`uname -r`

Code:
sudo mkdir install

17. cd install

*NOTE* - NVIDIA DRIVER - Below is the ftp address for the latest nvidia beta driver, if it gives you cannot dwld it here then just dwnld it (right click save target as) to your desktop machine and then ftp into your live machine and copy it over.

Code:
wget [url]ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/185.18.04/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-185.18.04-pkg1.run[/url]

19. make sure you are in your install directory

Code:
sudo sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-185.18.04-pkg1.run

*NOTE* Follow the prompts say no to the first question and yes to everything else. You have installed the latest NVIDIA beta driver. I have not tried with any other version BUT live and vdpau work fine with this one.

21. cd ~

Code:
sudo apt-get update

Code:
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
i spent last night trying to get the spdif to passthrough the new video card
and i still have no sound

going to try it tonight with the new release

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live 810.2 Beta1 Install latest SVN PPA with VDPAU helper.0