TheMovieDB.org - alternative title search?
Hey there.
Just wanted to ask a little question.

You know the movie "Taken" with Liam Neeson? In Germany, the Movie is named "96 Hours", do not ask me why...
So, if XBMC is scraping tmdb.org for 96 Hours, nothing was found. Same for all my other movies with german renamed names.
BUT if you search directly on the tmdb.org page for 96 Hours, the one and only result ist "Taken". Great! Why is the scaper not able to do it? API problems?

Thanks in advance! Smile Smile
I have the same problem - it would save me (and many other people who live in countries that have the stupid habit of renaming films) a lot of work if there was any solution without having to do it manually or by renaming the files to their original title
where's the diff?
I don't know what you mean by where is the diff...
Huh
I would suggest letting it look for information, then enter the English name manually (ie Taken) and after it scrapes the information rename it back to 96 Hours. (Right click movie -> Edit title)
It might be worth posting this on the moviedb forums, the new API is currently in beta and it should solve these problems.

In the further future the site will support German(and other languages) but this is still a while off.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB.org - alternative title search?0