• 1(current)
You can have three new views. Discuss.
Aeon lets you choose from four views in each window. One of those, List, is currently being redesigned. Another, Panel, has been removed, creating a vacancy. I want this to be a media-specific slot that has a unique view for Movies, Music, and Pictures.

So I want to know what your ideal view for each of these would be. Don't worry about other layouts within Aeon - just imagine your perfect solution. Be as detailed as possible, and I'll try and gauge what the best and most popular choice is for each.

No cheating.
I'm not going to miss the panel view. It seemed kind of pointless since showcase does everything it could and more.
well since you asked, i really like that filmstrip movies view 2nd last one
(perhaps some sort of filmstrip for pictures? idk)
Maybe it could be possible to define the view for the media-specific slot in the settings for every media-type. So there could be a list of views which can fill out this slot. In this case, the Panel view could stay as an optional view for this slot...Don't know if its possible, but I like the imagination to be more independant of the four-view-limitation.
shame, i actually prefered panel for certain sections - ie games and artists
Well, ideally there would be seperate views for Artists/Albums/Songs as well..

That said, I like MediaStream's "Albums" view quite a bit, which is essentially a list view with small thumbnails for each entry, and then a larger Album Art image with details to the right.

As far as artists/songs views, the revamped list view looks to be rather well suited for them already, so seperate views aren't completely essential. I just don't like having to choose between seeing album titles or album covers. Smile
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
djh, do you have a basic psd file you could share with us to mess around with?
@DJH, I've been hoping for a great view for pictures for a long time. Ideally, the view would be in library mode, but obviously there isn't an image library at the moment.

I'd love to throw around and sketch up some ideas for pictures views. But, what are the limitations, in terms of browsing (EXIF data, tags/keywords etc.)?
i think for movies it's nice to have a bit of the movie information visible while scrolling through your list. so you can quickly check the synopsis, director, lead actors without having to hit the info button. how you work that in with covers and fan art, i'm not sure. i'd never used fanart until i started using stark, the implementation in showcase is perfect.
the original aeon showcase view with info screen appearing after a couple of seconds, with slightly smaller thumbnails in "flat mode" to maybe add one or possibly two more thumbnails in the view and increase the fanart viewing size all smothered in jam
I don't know how specific you want, so I figured I'd throw an idea I have in the ring. I am no artist, and I have no background in graphic design, so if I am violating an time honored traditions, my bad.

My idea is pretty simple. I'd like to have a spinning wheel with banners that don't take up much room on the lower left corner, and a larger selected banner on the up right. Like so:

Obviously, this can all be reversed. In fact, it may be better flipped.

The reason being, I think it would then be cool if the selected picture grew into the info page picture, while the info page slid in from the right, while all the old info faded away, alpha style.

NOTE: I don't know how to draw a "fade away."

Anyway, that's my concept. It's probably not nearly professional enough for Aeon, but I figured I'd show it.
I miss a more dedicated poster-viewing-view. Like the Showcase view but with the posters centered and blown up much more. I find the posters too small as it is now, even on my 1080p 46" screen. I look at the poster when I'm selecting a movie, not the fanart.
That's my suggestion.

(Mayby there can be an option on showcase view for this instead of a totally new view.)
Beatzeps08 Wrote:Maybe it could be possible to define the view for the media-specific slot in the settings for every media-type. So there could be a list of views which can fill out this slot. In this case, the Panel view could stay as an optional view for this slot...Don't know if its possible, but I like the imagination to be more independant of the four-view-limitation.

Agreed, no one view is going to satisfy everyone, and it would be great if people could add new views from mods etc. without losing the old ones.
natethomas Wrote:I don't know how specific you want, so I figured I'd throw an idea I have in the ring. I am no artist, and I have no background in graphic design, so if I am violating an time honored traditions, my bad.

My idea is pretty simple. I'd like to have a spinning wheel with banners that don't take up much room on the lower left corner, and a larger selected banner on the up right. Like so:

Obviously, this can all be reversed. In fact, it may be better flipped.

The reason being, I think it would then be cool if the selected picture grew into the info page picture, while the info page slid in from the right, while all the old info faded away, alpha style.

NOTE: I don't know how to draw a "fade away."

Anyway, that's my concept. It's probably not nearly professional enough for Aeon, but I figured I'd show it.
thats a pretty kewl idea .. but did you mean banners or posters ??
mxxx Wrote:i think for movies it's nice to have a bit of the movie information visible while scrolling through your list. so you can quickly check the synopsis, director, lead actors without having to hit the info button. how you work that in with covers and fan art, i'm not sure. i'd never used fanart until i started using stark, the implementation in showcase is perfect.

I agree with this. I like showcase view but at the same time I also want some movie info so this is my temporary solution:
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
You can have three new views. Discuss.0