• 2(current)
You can have three new views. Discuss.
Please TheDevil come and rescue us! Most important thing IMHO should be to preserve the overhaul feeling of the skin which despite being sophisticated just look amazingly simple and clean. Or maybe we can look at what has been done in Mediastream (TV Season/Episode views), which is maybe one of the most achieved skin as far as views are concerned.
probably wouldn't work (might for music) and be way to complicated, but a tag cloud thing could be interesting

eriksmith200 Wrote:probably wouldn't work (might for music) and be way to complicated, but a tag cloud thing could be interesting

I was thinking about a tag cloud (more specifically for images in pictures view) but i think it wouldn't be feasible, as well.

I've done a quick sketch in my book of an idea for pictures, but not sure if i should upload or not.
anoobie Wrote:I agree with this. I like showcase view but at the same time I also want some movie info so this is my temporary solution:

I like this idea! Definitely I like seeing more metadata, and the showcase stuff at the botton is also cool. So the natural thing is to do as you've done and combine them Laugh

I think the challenge is to get it so that the "fan art" is proudly displayed, whist also having metadata text on-top of if that is clearly visible. You'll have to do some clever tricks with transparency to give the text a background panel that is mostly transparent, but enough so that text is readable even on a light background.
anoobie Wrote:I agree with this. I like showcase view but at the same time I also want some movie info so this is my temporary solution:

wow .. this looks really good .. takes showcase view to the next level
What about a media preview type view?

Similiar to MediaStream's, obviously with a bigger poster for the focused item?

RazorFR Wrote:Please TheDevil come and rescue us! Most important thing IMHO should be to preserve the overhaul feeling of the skin which despite being sophisticated just look amazingly simple and clean. Or maybe we can look at what has been done in Mediastream (TV Season/Episode views), which is maybe one of the most achieved skin as far as views are concerned.

I totally agree about the was tv show/season/episode views work in MediaStream. I would be delighted if Aeon worked in a somewhat similar manner to this. Shame MediaStream doesn't look as pretty as Aeon.

And to continue blabbing about transparency - I think the last guy just got it about spot on.
pletopia Wrote:wow .. this looks really good .. takes showcase view to the next level

That does indeed look awesome. But the right should be a grey aeon panel, that makes it more in line with the rest I think.
I agree with crewone, i think this would really add to the already amazing showcase view.
pletopia Wrote:wow .. this looks really good .. takes showcase view to the next level
Definitely! I've been missing a view that shows info at the same time.

This would be a great addition!

Tom
I agree with RazorFR and pete-woods about the tv show/season/episode views in MediaStream: they work great
eriksmith200 Wrote:I agree with RazorFR and pete-woods about the tv show/season/episode views in MediaStream: they work great

I agree 100%. I think the mediastream "wide" view is just perfect for tv series, offering the right mix of info/artwork. Personally I don't care about screenshots in TVseries... most of them do suck anyway...

We just need to 'Aeonize' the textures and some panels, but it would be great to keep both the structure and displayed infos.
Well, adding info to Showcase is something that could done as an option within Showcase, so that wouldn't constitute your fourth view. Same goes for reintroducing the sliding info panel, which I plan to do quite soon.
Do you think my suggestion on the first page could be realisable?

Something like this for the media info view?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
You can have three new views. Discuss.0