Force fullscreen to lower res
Hey all,

I've got a minimal hardy install with the latest SVN of XBMC. My problem is that the hardware isn't quite powerful enough to run fullscreen on my HD ready TV. Video and audio is alway out of sync and sometimes the video speed varies and speeds up to catch up with the audio. Fullscreen syncs at 1600X1200 and I think the graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200) is not good enough. But it seems to be perfect for my smaller LCD which syncs at 1360X768. If I set the resolution on the big screen to lower all I get is a small window. As soon as I hit the fullscreen button it syncs at 1600X1200 again.

Is there a a way to force the fullscreen res to something lower but still have it fullscreen?

thanks
Have you tried to change the resolution inside xbmc from auto detect to what you need?
I had a different resolution problem with fullscreen on my ATI card (flickering) and changing this fixed it.
yeah all that does is auto detect 1600x1200 as well as in a window. push fullscreen and video becomes slow or out of sync.

so does anyone know how to force low res yet still have fullscreen?
If you installed the Nvidia drivers from Nvidia you should have a program called nvidia-settings. Here you can set your res to whatever your tv can support. My TV is a 1080p tv, but the computer connected cant play 1080p videos, so i have the res set to 1280x720 using the nvidia-settings program so i can watch 720p videos nicely

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
wyild1 Wrote:If you installed the Nvidia drivers from Nvidia you should have a program called nvidia-settings. Here you can set your res to whatever your tv can support. My TV is a 1080p tv, but the computer connected cant play 1080p videos, so i have the res set to 1280x720 using the nvidia-settings program so i can watch 720p videos nicely

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

I know that tool well. minimal install does not provide a gui. So not useful in this case.

thanks anyway

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Force fullscreen to lower res0