A new MOD (hope to help a little)
Star 
I came up with a little mod to aeon that I hope will help the people playing around with this wonderful skin.

As you can see there are 6 flag:
1) Collection: react to studio tag
2) Studio: react to studio tag
3) Source: react to the file name
4) Resolution: react to studio tag
5) Audio: react to studio tag
6) Language: react to studio tag

To make it easier to handle all all of the tag I made few changes to the aeon skin structure.
1) I created 6 new xml files
1.1) Collection: Includes_MediaFlags_collection.xml
1.2) Studio: Includes_MediaFlags_studio.xml
1.3) Source: Includes_MediaFlags_source.xml
1.4) Resolution: Includes_MediaFlags_video.xml
1.5) Audio: Includes_MediaFlags_audio.xml
1.6) Language: Includes_MediaFlags_language.xml
2) In the Includes_MediaFlags.xml then I use the reference from the include files above
3) Of course all these includes files are referred in the Includes.xml file
In this way it should be easier to handle the different icons and xml's per section without interfere with dhj or the other developer work.

Just to make an example, the "Film Studio Icons" from fernferret: http://www.fernferret.com/xbmc/mediaflags. now to use it you need to override the includes_mediaflag.xml (maybe losing a custom made change eg. to the audio section), with this mod you will have just to download the includes_mediaflag_studio.xml and overwrite it without worries (of course if fernferret made the little changes neesed), I think in this way it could easily becoming generated automaticaly on the fernferret web page.

Another modification I've done has been to organize all the images inside the flag directory so it looks like:
1) flags/audio: images for the audio flag
2) flags/collection: images for the collection flag
3) flags/info: untouched (for the info view)
4) flags/language: images for the language flag
5) flags/mpaa: images for the mpaa rating (needed to change the DialogVideoInfo.xml file)
6) flags/source: images for the source flag
7) flags/studio: images for the studio flag
8) flags/video: images for the resolution flag

I've started from the CF2009 mod so it has all his great mods inside (submenu, etc etc)...

Now few steps to improve it (of course if you guys agree with the approach):
1) CF2009, if you like you can integrate it in your overall mods
2) DHJ, for the final release maybe you could integrate this approach directly in aeon
3) fekker, to make it work moreasily it would be nice if you can add always the string "lan" before the languages in the studio tag (just like the "sub" string for the subtitles) these will help make easier to handle the language, subtitle tag
4) fernferret, if you'd like you could make your web page create a file like the includes_mediaflag_studio.xml

Last but Not least. You can download the full package (minus fonts) from git:
http://github.com/MaxNL/aeon/tree/master. Hope everything is fine with it it's the first time I use it.

So hope you guys will like it
bye
Max
Thanks man i'll check it out.
This mod works well and it is far easier to add new flags to it hopefully it will get included in djh's final release. it's certainley going into my stark_lite_Revision4 release! great work
Now all we need is a file manager and on screen controls for music oh and some decent views for tv the list....
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Many thanks, I speciallly appreciate the language tags showing, I was wondering why they were there if they were not shown!!!
actually i think its good one but i'm still waiting for djh to have a look and including it in the main branch. i'm sorry to say it but it looks like the media flaging thing got out of proportion, its like the wild wild west everyone is doing what they want to without taking all the other users into consideration, it really comes to the point where's i'm really afraid to pull my aeon git repo, i really dont know what would be lost.

any way as said clearly it's a good one but i want see it integrating to stark by djh.

and btw seems to me like the most usable tag has been overlooked, the aspect ratio.

good day.
Ooops, it doesn't seem to work for me... I get tha same as with the CF2009 mod.

My current line for the studio line looks like this:

Quote: <studio>Alfran Productions / 1080p / Bluray / DTS / 6ch / lan eng / sub eng </studio>

I unrared your files to a new skin folder and copied the fonts from original mod. I get the same tag info in the screen as with CF2009 mod; I don't even get the default language png the is in the flags directory. Running XBMC 19532 build on Win 7 Beta 1 buid 7000.

Thanks
theotocopulitos Wrote:Ooops, it doesn't seem to work for me... I get tha same as with the CF2009 mod.

My current line for the studio line looks like this:

I unrared your files to a new skin folder and copied the fonts from original mod. I get the same tag info in the screen as with CF2009 mod; I don't even get the default language png the is in the flags directory. Running XBMC 19532 build on Win 7 Beta 1 buid 7000.

Thanks
Language problem:
No spaces between "lang" and "eng" and between "sub" and "eng"
<studio>Alfran Productions / 1080p / Bluray / DTS / 6ch / lan eng / sub eng </studio>
<studio>Alfran Productions / 1080p / Bluray / DTS / 6ch / laneng / subeng </studio>
Studio Problem:
Alfran Production is not yet in the studio list that is recognized

Bye
Max
There won't be any more flagging added to Aeon trunk until XBMC's official support comes in, and even then after careful consideration. motyR is right; the situation's far to volatile at the moment for further additions. Give it time.
So many thanks!

Beautiful, and thanks again...! Now I need to try to make it work for spanish icons I am making!
djh_ Wrote:There won't be any more flagging added to Aeon trunk until XBMC's official support comes in, and even then after careful consideration. motyR is right; the situation's far to volatile at the moment for further additions. Give it time.

djh, I agree and my goal was first of all make the main code "immune" from this all flagging stuff... apart from the tagging itself I though it would be easy to maintain if we can have the code organized as in this proposal.
At the end while trying I think I got myself a little too involved... Big Grin
Hi, any chance of getting this to work with Auriga?
Cant see any image on your first post.. broken link? could you upload again?

Thanks Martin
Kingmartinus Wrote:Cant see any image on your first post.. broken link? could you upload again?

Thanks Martin

Looks like my home server is down... Unfortunately I cannot do anything to fix it till saturday. I will post it again.

Related to Auriga, I'm waiting for the final release and then I will make my mod again.

Regards
Max
MaxNL Wrote:Related to Auriga, I'm waiting for the final release and then I will make my mod again.

Thanks for that!
Image online again...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A new MOD (hope to help a little)0