What's the best .nfo editor for movies/tv?
hi guys,

what editor are you using for your XBMC movies/tv data?

Media Companion (2.284) doesn't seem to load anything that already has an exiting .nfo file for some reason, and won't load anything that can't be found with the scraper.

Media (2.0.1.2861) seems to work ok, but again it won't load anything that can't be found with the scraper...also, it seems to just scrape? when i have a show with no fanart/background, i can't manually add one.

Is there an easy app that will allow for the manual editing of movies/tv that aren't found in a scrape? i.e., manually create an .nfo file, then browse for a local fanart+poster+tv season cover...

thanks!
Perhaps I don't understand what you're asking... but if I do, notepad.exe (or the more excellent notepad++)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Take a look at www.mymovies.dk for movies. It searches fairly large and very accurate movie database and supports manual adding/editing. Finally xml file with metadata is generated, which XBMC supports.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

kmfdm515 Wrote:hi guys,

what editor are you using for your XBMC movies/tv data?

Media Companion (2.284) doesn't seem to load anything that already has an exiting .nfo file for some reason, and won't load anything that can't be found with the scraper.

Media (2.0.1.2861) seems to work ok, but again it won't load anything that can't be found with the scraper...also, it seems to just scrape? when i have a show with no fanart/background, i can't manually add one.

Is there an easy app that will allow for the manual editing of movies/tv that aren't found in a scrape? i.e., manually create an .nfo file, then browse for a local fanart+poster+tv season cover...

thanks!
Media Info Plus notes:
For movies, you can add files, nfo, etc in the gui.

It will have the option to add in shows when no data exists on tvdb, i just haven't had time to write that part of it yet.

In addition, the add poster and background options for shows is coming in the next patch, that was an oversight.

I do agree notepad+ rules over notepad Big Grin
wow, that is great news, fekker. looking forward to those updates!

in the meantime, does anyone know if there is any app similar to those 2 that will allow for manual additions/edits?
yeah thx fekker

I would love the tv manual add option since around 25% of my shows are not recognized in tvdb and i cant use the library because of that and have to switch to file view Sad

thx again

Zeltak
zeltak Wrote:yeah thx fekker

I would love the tv manual add option since around 25% of my shows are not recognized in tvdb and i cant use the library because of that and have to switch to file view Sad

thx again

Zeltak

If they don't get added then they can be recognised so why not help out and add them yourself.
Hi

I dont mind adding them but they are either in Hebrew (i dont think the TVDB supports that...there are now 0 shows..) or just misspelled and MIP dosent match them well with TVDB, thats why i want to edit them manually

Best

Zeltak
so if there's not a good app to manually edit tv shows to be added the library, is there a good way to do it? could i copy the info file of another show and edit accordingly?
You could, they're just text files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's the best .nfo editor for movies/tv?0