Using local nfo data
Hi there all,

First up I am new to all this so be gentle Smile I know this is probably an easy one.

Anyway, I have installed 8.10... looks great for the most part and I have been able to get the basics going no worries. What I would like to do now is force the database to save its nfo files for each video/movie to the same directory as the video file. ie

Die Hard 3 - With a Vengence.avi
Die Hard 3 - With a Vengence.nfo
Die Hard 3 - With a Vengence.tbn

I have seen in other forums that this should be possible but I can't get it to work. One example said that I should use the 'export' feature of the video database. It mentions that when you start to export there should be an option to export to multiple files or something similar but all I get is a directory browser that creates 1 single file with all of the xml data in it.

What am I doing wrong?
Please try again using Babylon or SVN version. 8.1 is so old now many of the features discussed here wont be in it.
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
I was just doing that, and what do you know... it worked!! Thanks for that.
OK, now I would like to get it so that it uses the local information first. For this example:

Die Hard 3 - With a Vengence.avi
Die Hard 3 - With a Vengence.nfo
Die Hard 3 - With a Vengence.tbn
Die Hard 3 - With a Vengence-fanart.jpg

Exist on the drive. But if I modify the fanart image the change is not reflected in XBMC even if I use the "Update Libary" feature. If I manually navigate to the video (while not in library mode) and select "Movie Information" > "Refresh" then the edited fan art is used.

Is there a way to set it to always check the local first or something similar?
It is because of caching. Either:

1. Find the cached image and remove it... hard
2. remove the film from the dbase using context menu and rescan

Personally i think what you are doing is probably a waste of time. Capturing nfo and art at one point in time assumes online scraped content never changes. It does chnage, more often than you think.

However if you are the anal type Tongue and want to manually choose every image and change info in movies then its the only way.

personally i add a movie.nfo with a single imdb link in it and from then on i never get asked wht the movie is again

Ahh I see, sounds like a good plan. So do you add the imdb links to the movie.nfo manually ?
3. Easiest, refresh the movie from the media information screen.

Also, see this;
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Nfo
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:3. Easiest, refresh the movie from the media information screen.

Also, see this;
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Nfo

doh ... spot on.

I add the IMDB manually but its not alot of effort considering thats all you ever need to do ever again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using local nfo data0