Configure iMON for XBMC - need help
I just slapped my new HTPC machine together and I am using the Antec Fusion Remote Black case. It comes with the iMON LCD display built in and the Veris 200 remote.

The remote works perfect for their media center app, but I would like it to work the same with XBMC. For example, when I open XBMC, using the mouse pad button on the remote moves a cursor around and select the menu option. I would like to just have it use the up/down/left/right feature instead and not show a mouse cursor.

Are there any tutorials on setting up the iMON software to use the remote properly with XBMC?

Thanks in advance.
Question 
I have the Fusion v2 black case from antec and would love a tut for the lcd display as well, the xbmc wiki should contain hardware guides as a section of its own. how about making a section there.

I actually have quite a bit of strange hardware that i would love to force into submission, given a place where i can share it that is not on the forum would be great for me and new users of the media centre
I also have the Antec with iMon.

iMon sucks. It is flexible enough to make you think it works well but soon enough you reach its limits. i.e. set the date format and dont scroll... turn of all OS controls etc

Id love to find a replacement and a way to echo XBMC info on the LCD.

Prepared to do some leg work if people have advice and experience to share
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
Ok, so I found a list of .imo files from iMON's support section and found one for XBMC. I downloaded it and placed it in the \...PAD folder for iMON. Opened the iMON manager and added the XBMC program and imported the .imo into it. It began working like I wanted it to. When I pressed the pad down it went down the menu with no mouse cursor (just like the keyboard).

However, after trying again this morning, it does not function again (mouse cursor shows up and I can't go down the menu without hovering the mouse over the menu item and pressing enter). Tried deleting and importing it back in, and still doesn't work. I want to use XBMC with the remote, but I just can't seem to get it correctly. Does anyone know how to configure this remote to work with iMON Manager for XBMC? Or do I need to just go buy a MCE remote?
Goto Imon Settings and set Inital Keyboard/Mouse Mode to Keyboard.

Under Settings->Program Command you can add program for ex "xbmc" and then add or modify a function to any key on the remote you like.
dotcom Wrote:Goto Imon Settings and set Inital Keyboard/Mouse Mode to Keyboard.

Under Settings->Program Command you can add program for ex "xbmc" and then add or modify a function to any key on the remote you like.

1. So once it is set for keyboard, it will disregard the PAD as a mouse, and just see it as the up, down, left and right on the keyboard?

2. Whats the best way to add functions to the program command? For example, I would like to setup the down arrow on the pad to go down the menu items on xbmc. The first step it asks for a function name, simple enough "Down". Next it asks for keyboard shortcut. Would this be the down arrow key on the keyboard? Finally, it asks to assign a remote function; there is no function that just says down (unless i am completely blind). Any suggestions on this part? It should be easy as hell, but maybe I'm just not thinking clearly on this.
What I found to get the iMon IR sensor / software to work as best as possible with XBMC and a Harmony remote (the included imon remote just didn't have all the functionality I wanted) was to:

1) Remove all of the Program Commands and System Commands. When these are set, the buttons cannot be used for other applications.

2) Don't bother setting the commands for the XBMC executable in Program Comands. Go straight to Custom Commands and enter in the button on the remote and then the keystroke(s) you want it to mimic in XBMC. It will take a little time to set this up, but the results will be well worth it in the end.

Example:

I tried the other .imo files and suggestions but they still lacked a lot of functionality or the iMon software 'forgot' commands until I went with the above scenario.

The LCD settings.... Good luck! Laugh

-stoli-
MWC1983 Wrote:1. So once it is set for keyboard, it will disregard the PAD as a mouse, and just see it as the up, down, left and right on the keyboard?

2. Whats the best way to add functions to the program command? For example, I would like to setup the down arrow on the pad to go down the menu items on xbmc. The first step it asks for a function name, simple enough "Down". Next it asks for keyboard shortcut. Would this be the down arrow key on the keyboard? Finally, it asks to assign a remote function; there is no function that just says down (unless i am completely blind). Any suggestions on this part? It should be easy as hell, but maybe I'm just not thinking clearly on this.

Yeah it will be set to keyboard at startup but you can change to mouse on the remote with the button "Mouse/Keyboard" and toggle back to keyboard again.

I have only added some keys that didnt work, the pad control is set on settings->windows command by default for me, all arrow buttons are bind to the same rc button [iMON PAD]PAD, but you shouldnt have to bind these.
Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll try these out and see what I can come up with tonight when I get home and post back here for what I came up with. Really appreciate the help.
Got the remote to work for the majority of things. Some things still need tweaking. Thanks again all.
stoli Wrote:...
1) Remove all of the Program Commands and System Commands. When these are set, only the buttons cannot be used for other applications.

How did you manage to remove the system commands?

Another tip is to setup XBMC and XBMCUpdater in the launcher window. This allows you to start XBMC on a crash and update it without getting out the keyboard

I have my own .imo and Keymmap.xml files and all works OK for me. If you want to have a look at them tell me and I upload them for you...
Would be very keen.

Question why would you change keymap and imon though... surely editing one or the other is the way?

Ok, here is MY OWN and PERSONAL configuration, so.. have a look at this before triyng it.

I have modified keymap.xml too because two things :

1. I have removed all categories for Keypads, etc.. only used keyboard, and for better view and editing ( I´m notepad user ), don´t remove the original keymap.xml, just put this on your %userdata% folder.

2. I have added new letter asigments to functions.. so.. as I said.. have a look first because I have mapped buttons with functions that are no related.. but for me is best to have a button that does what I want instead of what this button is labeled for.. like go directly to audio screen instead of opening the cross and go to Audio Options, etc...

Ex:
in <FullscreenVideo> section

I have added

<Y>XBMC.ActivateWindow(OSDAudioSettings)</Y>

to open the Audio Settings directly.. mapped to Y letter, and this mapped to "Audio" remote button in Imon config.

"Thumbnail" remote button to Scrapping , "Bookmark" remote button to right click options menu, etc...

Download it from

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3jy5mzwzmch

Hope it helps!!

Any new modification will be apreciated
More Mods in my Keymap.xml

<v>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideos)</v>
- <!-- Boton Rojo(videos) -->
<e>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyMusic)</e>
- <!-- Boton Verde(Music) -->
<o>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyPictures)</o>
- <!-- Boton Azul(Pictures) -->
<w>Mute</w>
- <!-- Boton Mute(Silencio)-->

I have mapped videos, music and pictures directly to the red, green and blue buttons in the remote... maybe Here i have to put also the TV shows to the yellow button.. and the W letter to the Mute button.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Configure iMON for XBMC - need help0