New feature: Library submenu
djh_ Wrote:I agree.

Quote:changed: Submenu behaviour now OnDown by default

One-touch menu movement is no longer the default behaviour for the Home
menu. Instead, pushing down on the relevant options triggers Library
submenus while pushing Select goes to default Title views. One-touch can
still be activated via the Customisation->Home menu, at which point the
submenus appear when selecting relevant Home options. This behaviour can
itself be modified thanks to Movies, TV and Music submenu toggles.

I agree, I'd rather have the submenu be selected but pushing down, but I think it could still be done this way and also keep the one touch (I guess two-touch) repositioning. Maybe push down once to access the submenu, a second time to move the menu down. Up from there then would deactivate the submenu, up again would move the main menu back up again. This way in everyday browsing the main menu repositioning wouldn't have any effect on the submenu, but you still wouldn't have to go into the settings to reposition it.

Just a thought.
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
You make a good point. Let's have a look.

EDIT: Done. Good call.
djh_ Wrote:It's a nice idea, sure. I'd have to see how feasible it was.

Thanks,

BTW, thanks for the excellent job!
djh_ Wrote:You make a good point. Let's have a look.

EDIT: Done. Good call.

Hi, I think it would be more appropriate to propose an option to disable repositioning of the menu bar from the home screen.

Personally I preferred it when it was immobile and could only be repositioned from the Aeon Option Menu.
menthe Wrote:Hi, I think it would be more appropriate to propose an option to disable repositioning of the menu bar from the home screen.

Personally I preferred it when it was immobile and could only be repositioned from the Aeon Option Menu.

Agreed. I don't actually see a benefit to being able to move it "on the fly." Once I decided that I liked it on the lower part of the screen, I have not touched it since. Might be just me though Wink
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Agreed. I don't actually see a benefit to being able to move it "on the fly." Once I decided that I liked it on the lower part of the screen, I have not touched it since. Might be just me though Wink

No I feel the same way - I set it how i want it in the settings and have no reason to move it after that.
midgetspy Wrote:No I feel the same way - I set it how i want it in the settings and have no reason to move it after that.

In fact, I mainly use Aeon with a remote on my TV and I find very useful the fixed menu, especially when I hesitate about what I'll watch / listen.

And I think it would be a good idea to include the submenu for the weather too, it would be much more convenient than the pop up that opens in the current version: p
menthe Wrote:In fact, I mainly use Aeon with a remote on my TV and I find very useful the fixed menu, especially when I hesitate about what I'll watch / listen.

And I think it would be a good idea to include the submenu for the weather too, it would be much more convenient than the pop up that opens in the current version: p

I was thinking the same thing. When the submenu was added I tried the other options and was surprised about the pop up for weather - I didn't know what to do with it at first - I was expecting a more detailed weather view. I think having the selection of the city in a submenu and activate doing nothing for now (later jump to details if implemented) would be nice.
I'm very indecisive; I like being able to change positions on the fly.

More importantly, since it doesn't effect browsing in any way if you don't use it I see no reason to disable the feature. It'd be easy enough to add a simple enable/disable on-the-fly repositioning but it doesn't seem worth any additional clutter to the settings menu to me.
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
menthe Wrote:And I think it would be a good idea to include the submenu for the weather too, it would be much more convenient than the pop up that opens in the current version: p

It would, but you can't call the Weather functions from the Home page. What you're actually seeing with the current dialog is a pared down version of the Weather screen - just with a seamless transition.
i must be missing something - i'm fully up to date (git wise) and see no submenus Sad
Dont get the master. get the Auriga tree.

http://github.com/djh/aeon/tree/auriga
using auriga. no submenus>
djh_ Wrote:It would, but you can't call the Weather functions from the Home page. What you're actually seeing with the current dialog is a pared down version of the Weather screen - just with a seamless transition.

What a pity :'(
Too bad for the weather section (but this can wait)
However the addition of an option which enable/disable the positionning "on the fly" of the menu would be really undeniable I think.

Anyway Aeon is the most beautiful skin that I had the opportunity to try and I finally adopted this one for my Home Cinema installation :p

Thanks for your work Djh Smile
If I download the last 'build', do I just extract the contents so they overwrite my older version of Aeon and thus keep my settings intact ?.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New feature: Library submenu0